House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
jones87

Lloyds Tsb Credit Cards To Be Linked To The Boe Base Rate

Got a pretty "For the journey" letter today from Lloyds TSB regarding my airmiles credit card.

Soon they will be charging me interest at my personal interest rate (15.9% + Base Rate).

First I've ever heard of this practice, they have also got rid of the cash withdrawal interest rate so cash withdrawal's would be charged at the same rate.

I can't see their reasoning for this? Are they expecting some mega inflation in the future and want protect their margins? :unsure:

Got a pretty "For the journey" letter today from Lloyds TSB regarding my airmiles credit card.

Soon they will be charging me interest at my personal interest rate (15.9% + Base Rate).

First I've ever heard of this practice, they have also got rid of the cash withdrawal interest rate so cash withdrawal's would be charged at the same rate.

I can't see their reasoning for this? Are they expecting some mega inflation in the future and want protect their margins? :unsure:

...they should be closed down ....it's back street lending ...the sooner the better....and we rescued them....what a joke...?... :rolleyes:

When rates resume to their average of 6% (or so) that means their interest rate will be 21.9% on my card.

I pay my card off at the end of every month and every card I've had in the last 3 years they have given me the lower rates (15-18%)

Quite a con in my opinion.