House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
teddyboy

Had Enough Of This....

I just CANNOT believe what robbing b*****ds some estate agents are - on the link below there are a multitude of houses that are quite frankly having a laff!!!!!

Hope these feckers go under big time - the branch that these are from has already closed - wonder why.

Bear in mind its Liverpool - Average wage about £19K (approx) and according to the latest figures from Septembers Rightmove

Avg. Price Sept 05 £166,510

Avg. Price Aug 05 £168,183

Monthly Change -1.0%

Avg. Price Sept 04 £154,463

Annual Change 7.8%

But this is from a Hometrack report I PAID FOR in June 2005 on the area of this EA.

Hometrack_report_June_05.jpg

The house in Elmar Road - One has just sold for £199,950 - It is extended side back and front and has a conservatory - absolutely spot on house. This one for sale is still the 1930's build and apparently the front room is a bar (I sh*t you not!).

http://www.worrall.co.uk/AigburthWeb/AIG200.html

try these as well - all f*****g RIP OFF!!!!

I try not to swear in my posts, but these b******s make my blood boil!!!! (apologies if I offend but if your an EA? - **** OFF anyway!)

[ Unacceptable text removed by moderator ]

Unless someone can do better.............?

post-2719-1128120115_thumb.jpg

[ Unacceptable text removed by moderator ]

Sorry guys for breaking a rule :( but as I said in the post - it's really making my blood boil now! :angry:

Was very wound up yesterday. Actually sent a complain to the ASA over a misleading advert, so was already on a rant! I will try to restrain myself in future.

(Remembers: Engage brain before I start typing)

Edited by teddyboy

Before you all start shouting... I expect this won't be a popular sentiment

But....

I feel a bit sorry for the average EA. Seems like it's either famine or feast for them. Can't blame them for stocking up in the good times. (obviously dishonest behaviour is unacceptable)

Before you all start shouting... I expect this won't be a popular sentiment

But....

I feel a bit sorry for the average EA. Seems like it's either famine or feast for them. Can't blame them for stocking up in the good times. (obviously dishonest behaviour is unacceptable)

I cannot - for one reason only. The dont give a damn about us - they are happy seeing us pay 30-40% over the last asking price and get into another potential £50/60K worth of debt so they can make a couple of hundred quid!

They have made their bed - NOW sleep in it!!!!

Should have shitloads of cash saved anyway, the money they have made the last couple of years!

BUT, there are 1 or 2 honest EAs but they certainly AINT in Liverpool!

You comment on stocking up in good times? They have continued increasing prices in my area for 4 years through nothing but greed. They should price according to market conditions - they dont seem to understand that price CAN come down. I just hope they realise that their income WILL come down to state handouts unless they correct the market. Its up to them, as I said earlier If they can't price correct then let them all go to the wall!

Edited by teddyboy

HI TB

Totally sympaphise with your outbust! I left the UK last August (STR) because stuff like this was driving me nuts! What strikes me as very wrong, is that no working person on a reasonable wage should have to endure house prices that effectively exclude them from the society that they live, work and pay taxes in!

We're not talking about the desire to own a mansion or a lamborgini here!

In a supposed 'democratic' society, a working person should have the CHOICE to either buy or rent a property, I always thought that one of the fundamentals of a democrarcy was CHOICE, but in the area of house buying that has now been erroded away.

I was on an above average wage when I left, but I could't afford to buy a decent three bed place, even with the equity I gained by selling my property.

I've also got a friend who's been a qualified GP for over three years and she still can't afford to buy the most basic house (in Northampton) withouit getting into serious debt!

Just keep in there. The winds of change are beginning to blow!

Hi Teddyboy,

I'm also in Liverpool so understand your frustration. A friend of mine bought in Aigburth (the postcode you're looking at) in 2001. He bought a terrace for £45K in one of the streets oppostite the junction to Larklane (the ones where Tesco is). Similar terraces are now selling for £175K!

In 2003 there was a shooting at the top of his street and the man died. £175K doesn't even buy you a safe area to live anymore. Did you know that according to Nationwide, the average UK house (according to trend) should be no more than around £135K?

Aigburth will drop, just hold on there and you'll see. In the meantime there are fully furnished cottages with conservatories for rent in Woolton and Gateacre for just £350 per month, and 2 bed semis for £495. Take a look on Rightmove. Enjoy the fact that renting has never been so cheap.

Good luck!

Hi Teddyboy,

I'm also in Liverpool so understand your frustration. A friend of mine bought in Aigburth (the postcode you're looking at) in 2001. He bought a terrace for £45K in one of the streets oppostite the junction to Larklane (the ones where Tesco is). Similar terraces are now selling for £175K!

In 2003 there was a shooting at the top of his street and the man died. £175K doesn't even buy you a safe area to live anymore. Did you know that according to Nationwide, the average UK house (according to trend) should be no more than around £135K?

Aigburth will drop, just hold on there and you'll see. In the meantime there are fully furnished cottages with conservatories for rent in Woolton and Gateacre for just £350 per month, and 2 bed semis for £495. Take a look on Rightmove. Enjoy the fact that renting has never been so cheap.

Good luck!

Theres been a few shootings and stabbing over the past few years - shooting was in Belgrave Street and some poor sod 3 doors down had their house up for sale at the time - think it was withdrawn in the end. Anyway I have seen some of these all along the top end of Aigburth Road ranging from £125,000 to £175,000. These houses are small terraces FGS. That's not the point I was making though. How can the different EA's have a price difference of £50K on a TERRACE, in an area that is literally 2/10 of a mile?

I know the prices will drop and I know I will get a house for a "fair" price. But certain EA's are starting to wind me up big time - If I see a house that I like with a certain EA I WILL NOT GO AND BUY IT. If I like it I will go and visit the house myself - I personally don't want anything to do with them. They are destructive to both the buyers and sellers imho.

Dya know what really gets my back up tho?

They over-price by 40% on last sold and its OK but if I put in an offer of -25% they say its cheeky.

Keep getting the Liverpool ECHO coz I think you might find me on the front page soon with the headline "Estate Agent needs operation to remove testicles from anus!" Man arrested. :angry:

Edited by teddyboy