House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
or in excess of

Arriba Arriba

Fancying fajitas tonight, popped into Tesco`s for some Old El Paso tortillas.Same price as usual, but on opening of pack, to my horror, the pesky varmints have reduced the number from 8 to 6. Thats like 25%

inflation.

That shit is ridiculously expensive to start with! I like the salsa and sour cream with nachos. Never buy it anymore though, it's too expensive.

Fancying fajitas tonight, popped into Tesco`s for some Old El Paso tortillas.Same price as usual, but on opening of pack, to my horror, the pesky varmints have reduced the number from 8 to 6. Thats like 25%

inflation.

Try Aldi, they do excellent flour tortillas, I think it is just about the only thing I ever get there. I was never a fan of the Old El Paso stuff. There are far cheaper (and nicer) alternatives. Their Jalapenos disintergrate in the jar after only a few weeks for example.

inflation. deflation

Edited for accuracy.

inflation.

You are right. Now ask yourself what you intend to do about it.

I'm not being funny, I'm being deadly serious. Inflation is on the rampage and is only going to get a lot worse, possibly suddenly through sudden devaluation.

Too many moaners on this forum, not enough doers.

inflation.

For goodness sake man, cook them yourself.

Flour

Water

Hot pan

You could have done it in not much more time than it took to make this post.

You are right. Now ask yourself what you intend to do about it.

I'm not being funny, I'm being deadly serious. Inflation is on the rampage and is only going to get a lot worse, possibly suddenly through sudden devaluation.

Too many moaners on this forum, not enough doers.

Exactly GC.

I will take your advice and sell my gold and use the proceeds to stock up on tortillas.

Making your own salsa is easy and cheap as well.

4 tomatoes

1-2 medium onions (Red if you fancy)

Finely chopped quarter of green pepper

Finely chopped garlic clove or two

Finely chopped medium or hot chilli

Dash of vinegar

Dash of salt and pepper

Wee bit of sugar

Squeeze of lime

Seriously tasty and so much better/cheaper than that paste you get in a jar.

Try Aldi, they do excellent flour tortillas, I think it is just about the only thing I ever get there. I was never a fan of the Old El Paso stuff. There are far cheaper (and nicer) alternatives. Their Jalapenos disintergrate in the jar after only a few weeks for example.

snap.

the Old El Paso tortilla 'kit' is horrendously expensive - I usually find them on sale in the local Aldi all piled up in a job lot when they're trying to get rid of them (I also on the same trip found a jar of douwe egberts espresso coffee going dirt cheap).

The aldi branded stuff is just as good as the old el paso stuff too - and about 2/3 the price

snap.

the Old El Paso tortilla 'kit' is horrendously expensive - I usually find them on sale in the local Aldi all piled up in a job lot when they're trying to get rid of them (I also on the same trip found a jar of douwe egberts espresso coffee going dirt cheap).

The aldi branded stuff is just as good as the old el paso stuff too - and about 2/3 the price

t r y c o o k i n g . . . .

inflation.

It's worse than you think.

The price per tortilla has actually increased by 33%.

I made a £10 investment in gluten free food, and it will return about 50Kg of it by late summer.

It was called 'seed potatoes and three hours of effort'.

inflation.

+1000000

Stealth-Flation. Its happening with everything in my local supermarket.

They are doing it in secret.

Oxo cubes were square. They are now an X shape. Lollies, 8 instead of 10. etc etc etc..........

FACT:

Almost daily I used to buy a pack of 200g cooked coldwater prawns at Tesco for £1.99

Suddenly three weeks ago

1) weight has gone down from 200g to 190g

2) price went up form £1.99 to £2.49

This is a shock increase of 30% overnight?! :blink:

ACTION:

Stopped buying them. It's only a small local Tesco.

RESULT:

Every 4 to 5 days there is a huge pile of unsold prawns packs discounted to £1.99 or £1.49 depending on time of the day.

I usually get 4-5 packs at £1.49 and that lasts until the next unsold batch comes through.