House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mfs1959

Sheffield Flats

This item was just reported on our local BBC News:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-13763432

The flats do differ from the specification. It is difficult to avoid the thought, however, that the buyers were not over-concerned about the precise specification when they bought the flats. After all, the developers say that the contracts did not cover detailed design issues. The flat owners may be more concerned now since the market price would be significantly less than when the project started.

Meanwhile City Lofts owes over £30m. If the case succeeds, who, apart from the lawyers, will make any money?

The 32-storey-building which is approximately 100 metres high holds 316 apartments. As of June, 98 flats were occupied.

City Lofts has said it estimates it will fill 54% of the development - 160 apartments - before the end of the summer.

My mate says they are selling around 2 a month, so at that rate it's going to take quite a long time to sell all of those flats. Although judging by the statement here there must be a rush on to buy.

Amazing that this thread has been moved off topic along with the other Sheffield thread. Both highlight direct macro effects on housing rather than some vague tertiary cack about a video rental chain going bankrupt or a quaternary discussion on nuclear power stations.

The main board now seems to be an economics / xenophobe zone which somewhat defeats the point of this forum.

My mate says they are selling around 2 a month, so at that rate it's going to take quite a long time to sell all of those flats. Although judging by the statement here there must be a rush on to buy.

It's difficult to believe that 98 flats are occupied. When you look at the place at night hardly any lights seem to be on. Mate of mine who was looking to rent a flat baulked at the monthly cost of st pauls - circa £750 for 1 bedder and almost £1k pm for a 2 bedroom flat! He got a normal new build flat for about £500 pcm instead.

It's difficult to believe that 98 flats are occupied. When you look at the place at night hardly any lights seem to be on.

When I looked at it at 10pm last night when heading home I could only see a single light on. I'm guessing a fair number of the buyers are none to bright BTL'ers "investments" :lol:

The 32-storey building, which is approximately 100 metres high, has 316 apartments. Currently, 98 flats are occupied.

Is that 98 flats purchased? Not the same as occupied.

When I looked at it at 10pm last night when heading home I could only see a single light on.

The rest can't afford luxuries like electric light any more.

Look at the sale historyof one of these flats, No, 75. It' been bought & sold countless times!

What's going on there? Some sort of fraud?

The prices are all over the place.