House Price Crash Forum

Nitrous Oxide Car?

@contradevian

HOLA441

NO is leagal to be fitted to a road car just not in use, you have tp have it dissabled by a switch/valve that is not accessable from the cabbin of the vehicle when in use on a public road.

I highly doubt it is running form of NOS and it would only be used when he wants the power as it can be quite expensive. I recon you are smelling oil and fuel. If he has a turbo the oil seal could be leaking and or a boot leak which will allow more fuel through the system.

The car could have a lpg conversion or he is using a high ethonol mix of fuel

why not ask him?

Oh and IIRC they used NOS on spitfires to get more power from the merlin engines

Thanks interesting. Took a picture!

P110611_16.44.JPG

He is covering most of the interesting stuff, but you can see on the big "pot" things on the front of the engine just to his right. There are four of those. I assume this is a Golf GTI. I couldn't see a seperate cylinder but if one were fitted I'd assume it could go in the boot.

It sounds very rough to me and he constantly has to fiddle with it. However I guess a lot of that is the exhaust. Can't say I've seen a lot of smoke.

post-8947-0-27536500-1308758890_thumb.jpg

HOLA442

He is covering most of the interesting stuff, but you can see on the big "pot" things on the front of the engine just to his right. There are four of those.

That is a K & N air filter

Archived