House Price Crash Forum
Asheron

Trading Over The Counter Gold & Silver To Be Illegal Starting July 15Th 2011

Bob Chapman explains what 'Trading Over The Counter Gold & Silver to be Illegal starting July 15 ' really means...

Bob Chapman of the International Forecaster explains in details what the 'Trading over the counter gold and silver " becoming illegal starting from July 15 really means , he says you should not worry about it , it is not going to affect the general public of bullion gold and silver buyers this is a market for professionals the aim for this legislation is to create panic confusion among the public and scare them from longing gold and silver while shorting the dollar bob Chapman says it is psychological warfare and you should not worry about it....The Final words comes from the CFTC , it is not going to have a large impact on the market , it looks like Zerohedge which first brought this story was wrong about the significance and the magnitude of this story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_54eiKIhKJY

Hmmmm. Looking at this I'm not sure how successful they've been in their aims. Unless of course they meant to create more panic with regards to the value of the US dollar:

USD_Line_5years_300x150.gif

post-20010-0-18619600-1308672191_thumb.gif

Edited by General Congreve

My understanding is that it is paper gold with no physical backing that is going to be banned, which is no bad thing as it is a scandal waiting to happen.

My understanding is that it is paper gold with no physical backing that is going to be banned, which is no bad thing as it is a scandal waiting to happen.

Not quite. As I understand it they are attempting to outlaw the little guy from trading paper gold, but the big guys can carry on regardless.

As the droves of little guys out there are net long and the big guys are net short gold and silver, then removing the little guys from the picture is designed to put more downwards pressure on gold and silver. Basically the only people who will be able to use leverage to buy or bet on the price will be the banksters.

Not quite. As I understand it they are attempting to outlaw the little guy from trading paper gold, but the big guys can carry on regardless.

As the droves of little guys out there are net long and the big guys are net short gold and silver, then removing the little guys from the picture is designed to put more downwards pressure on gold and silver. Basically the only people who will be able to use leverage to buy or bet on the price will be the banksters.

They are the ones that aren't going to realise that paper gold is much more risky than physical. It is more likely to lead to a short squeeze as they move into physical which can't be so easily shorted against, and they unwind the fractional reserve position created by paper gold and shorting activity.

It may push people into physical, but certainly it shouldn't effect the price, as the OTC market has no influence over the spot price. As I understand it, they're still allow to trade as long as delivery is <= 30 days.