House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rantnrave

Motivated Seller Now A Selling Feature!

Just spotted this on Rightmove. Their caps, not mine!

WOODHEAD ESTATES are pleased to present this two bedroom ground floor retirement apartment to the market. Boasting a sought after central town location, NO CHAIN and MOTIVATED SELLER. Viewings are highly recommended to appreciate this property and Regent court's facilities....

How do they determine the seller is motivated? Physchometric testing? Or just get them to sign a bit of paper saying "I AGREE TO SELL FOR ANYTHING UPTO 50% LESS THAN THE ASKING PRICE"

cos ud hope all sellers would be 'motivated'

It means that it is over priced by 20% to account for the negotiation and they hope to get away with knocking off 10% and let a dim buyer feel like they got a deal.

How do they determine the seller is motivated? Physchometric testing? Or just get them to sign a bit of paper saying "I AGREE TO SELL FOR ANYTHING UPTO 50% LESS THAN THE ASKING PRICE"

cos ud hope all sellers would be 'motivated'

:D:D:D

I think it's code for "willing to negotiate" rather than "pig-headedly sticking to an asking price they have no hope of getting".

But even when I have seen that, the conservation with the EA reveals that "willingness" is 2 or 3% below asking

tim

Just spotted this on Rightmove. Their caps, not mine!

WOODHEAD ESTATES are pleased to present this two bedroom ground floor retirement apartment to the market. Boasting a sought after central town location, NO CHAIN and MOTIVATED SELLER. Viewings are highly recommended to appreciate this property and Regent court's facilities....

I wouldn't get too excited - it's a retirement apartment and they can be harder than average to sell, at least partly because of often very high maintenance/service charges.

And it's no surprise that they're motivated - either the owner's died (probate) or had to go into a home (fees to pay).