House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OnlyMe

Immigrants Take 9 Out Of 10 Jobs In Uk: Frank Field

We are witnessing the total failure of political and national economic policy.........

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/nri/working-abroad/immigrants-take-9-out-of-10-jobs-in-uk-frank-field/articleshow/8925918.cms

NI

Immigrants take 9 out of 10 jobs in UK: Frank Field

LONDON: Frank Field , the former Labour Minister brought in to advise the Coalition last year, has said that nine in ten jobs in Britain are taken up by immigrants in Britain.

The Telegraph quoted new official figures uncovered by the Labour MP as saying that 87 percent of the 400,000 newly created jobs have gone to immigrants, while Britons are left out in their own country.

Field said that the figure was about 80 percent under previous Labour administrations, Predicting that the Coalition's approach will ultimately fail.

It's pretty rich that he's criticising the Coalition for an increase in immigrant employment when it was his lot that opened the floodgates

That seems about right. I have advertised a graduate position at my company to UK university students and the vast majority of applicants are foreign.

Well let's hope that you can find a good enough one from the minority that are not foreign , im sure you can.

It's pretty rich that he's criticising the Coalition for an increase in immigrant employment when it was his lot that opened the floodgates

The free movement of people is one of the EU's Four Freedoms which Edward Heath signed us up for in 1972...

'Edward Heath signs the United Kingdom’s Treaty of Accession (Brussels, 22 January 1972)':

http://www.ena.lu/edward_heath_signs_united_kingdoms_treaty_accession_brussels_22_january_1972-020701583.html

On 22 January 1972 in Brussels, the British Delegation signs the Treaty of Accession to the European Communities. From left to right: Sir Alec Douglas-Home, Foreign Secretary, Edward Heath, Prime Minister, and Geoffrey Rippon, Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster and responsible for the accession negotiations.

The free movement of people is one of the EU's Four Freedoms which Edward Heath signed us up for in 1972...

'Edward Heath signs the United Kingdom’s Treaty of Accession (Brussels, 22 January 1972)':

http://www.ena.lu/edward_heath_signs_united_kingdoms_treaty_accession_brussels_22_january_1972-020701583.html

I don't think there was a free right to settle and work until the Maastricht Treaty in 1992. (So you can still blame the Tories... :) )

We are witnessing the total failure of political and national economic policy.........

From the average Joe's perspective it is a failure, from the perspective of the political and economic elite in the Labour, Liberal and Conservative parties it is all going smoothly to plan. The question is when are you going to actually do something about it and vote bnp?

Yeah, I know the greedy, stupid elites are using uncontrolled mass immigration as an untenable, poorly planned way to bloat the economy in recent decades, however I'm starting to get worried about the Hitlertarian scale backlash that's been revving up amongst millions of alienated, angry Brits in recent years...

The Telegraph quoted new official figures uncovered by the Labour MP as saying that 87 percent of the 400,000 newly created jobs have gone to immigrants, while Britons are left out in their own country.

And how many Brits did bother to apply for those jobs?

Probably even less than 10% since most are likely minimum wage jobs that no self-respecting Brit would ever apply for (and rightly so, living on benefits is much more lucrative).

That article is typical 'divide et impera' propaganda nonsense, it misses out crucial information.

Field is an interesting cookie. He is the only politician that consistently seems to give a shit about the wellbeing of his constituents and the under and working class of Britain.

+1,000

Coming from the NE -and being past tribalism/voting for a monkey with a Red Rosette - initially Labour were great for the working class: think Bevan, etc. With the transition to more metropolitan MPs probably peaking like Harperson + Blair, Labour have been the the working classes downfall. Labour have created a massive client state - both benefit and people in the the Public sector but have failed to find a means of funding it.

Isn't Frank Field technically part of the coalition?

Frank Field given role as poverty czar by Cameron

and also

Labour MP Frank Field warns of immigration population growth in Britain

And from his own website:

"For some time we've been trying to make the main political parties wake up to the public's concern about large scale immigration. Yesterday's election results and this poll show the need for real action. The public are deeply opposed to immigration adding another 7 million to our population by 2028. The main parties must stop ducking the issue - and respond to strong and well-justified public opinion."

LINK

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/news/nri/working-abroad/immigrants-take-9-out-of-10-jobs-in-uk-frank-field/articleshow/8925918.cms

NI

Immigrants take 9 out of 10 jobs in UK: Frank Field

LONDON: Frank Field , the former Labour Minister brought in to advise the Coalition last year, has said that nine in ten jobs in Britain are taken up by immigrants in Britain.

Field said that the figure was about 80 percent under previous Labour administrations, Predicting that the Coalition's approach will ultimately fail.

Hmm, never thought of Frank as a racist. :blink: *

* And I don't think of him that way now. :D

That seems about right. I have advertised a graduate position at my company to UK university students and the vast majority of applicants are foreign.

Likewise with me, 50% of the applicants were foreign. Unfortunately most of the UK applicants had little or poor academic qualifications.

Thats the only thing politicians are good at, hypocrisy and saying what people want to hear when in opposition.

I don't think there was a free right to settle and work until the Maastricht Treaty in 1992. (So you can still blame the Tories... :) )

yes there was.

Likewise with me, 50% of the applicants were foreign. Unfortunately most of the UK applicants had little or poor academic qualifications.

Isn't this part of the problem though.

Employers don't want to have to pay to train their workforce and want to pass that cost onto any potential employees. The massive influx of foreign workers means that they can get away with it.