House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hopeful FTB

What Is Going On?

Would someone please explain to me what is going on!

I read today in the media that the housing market is continuing to drop and that HPI is now at its lowest for 9 years- :)

So, if this is the case, then why are the media also saying that there ISNT going to be a crash and that the market basically is going to pick up. To me, having watched HPI slow from about 20% annually last year to 1.8% this year, where are they getting the evidence for this?

All the evidence at the moment seems to point very much to a rapidly slowing market that shows no sign of recovery, regardless of interest rate cuts simply because no-one can afford to buy a house with prices as they are at the moment- (12x income in stratford I see!)

There just seem to be such enormous contradictions everywhere. And its frying my brain.

And also. could someone explain to me IN BASIC TERMS what sipps is and should I be worried?

:blink:

And also. could someone explain to me IN BASIC TERMS what sipps is and should I be worried?

:blink:

Side Impact Protection, it stops you getting hurt in a sideways collision, I always insist on them.

Would someone please explain to me what is going on!

It's a crash innit. :)

So, if this is the case, then why are the media also saying that there ISNT going to be a crash and that the market basically is going to pick up.

The media largely report just what the housing market interests feed them. No Estate Agent or mortgage lender will ever forecast a crash. Their predictions of a soft-landing are just wishful thinking.

A SIPP is a pension fund, which, from April will have the rules changed so that ordinary property can be invested in the fund. The Vested Interests of the housing market have been hyping up this aspect of SIPPs.

But the reality is that SIPPS are only for the very wealthy investor, and the likelihood is that you should not be worried about house prices taking off again.

I believe you have two tiers of information, one is meant for the wealthy the other is meant for the dumb money. The dumb money will bleed thier money into the system so the smart money can suck it up. I think the smart money will see sipps for what it is and let the dumb money think that the smart money will join in later.

Spot on the money, most pension schemes are linked to the equity markets, usually return a good yield and grow on ave 9%.

Property in todays market is 40/50% over priced depending on who you talk to and also is scraping 4/% yield if you're lucky, don't mention the managenment charges and up keep.

This is truely a dumb ar$e follower, it makes sence if you already have 15 houses you bought 10 years ago but to throw money into the houses for pension pool now makes as much sence as asking a blind man to show you the way to Amarillo.