House Price Crash Forum

Black Monday?

ngn

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lunch with friends today who own a big Spanish holiday property that they're trying to sell. He's a banker and was miring his trousers with dread, saying he wished he'd cut the price last year and sold, worried that if the property's suddenly valued in pesetas it'd turn a painful loss into a disaster.

Great expression :lol: coming to a sheeple near everyone?

Downing St to announce that Clegg is pregnant and Cameron is the father. FTSE surges on the news.

Meanwhile rioters in Athens find oil under the Acropolis. The euro is saved. Finally Obama announces that all the US gold really is in Fort Knox and the price of the shiny stuff plummets. General Congreve last seen begging in Trafalgar Square & ramping gold using an iPhone 2,

All savers are issued with 12 inch dildo's and expected to shaft themselves. In other news "Greek style maybe painful but necessary" say bankers who are rubbing there grubby little hands at gaining possesion of their own little Greek island.

what are we waiting for WAR! Generals gathered in their masses! Give it 10 years and the U.S will get their way and the EU will but eating itself to survive. Time to immigrate. EU federalism was never going to be allowed to work. The UK was the patsy and now we must sup from the furry cup.

But, Monday, Monday, can't trust that day . . .

why is the chubby wearing wellies ? .............. where's the string ... that's what I want to know !....she looks like fergie on cake

abbas mum and dad ? ...dunno ?

Edited by Tankus

why is the chubby wearing wellies ? .............. where's the string ... that's what I want to know !....she looks like fergie on cake

abbas mum and dad ? ...dunno ?

As the man said the chubby is the late Mama Cass who just happened to have a great singing voice.

Being a an icon from the late 1960 Californian pop scene it is a certainty that she will be remembered long after every single poster on this site is dead and forgotten.

Edited by stormymonday_2011

Lunch with friends today who own a big Spanish holiday property that they're trying to sell. He's a banker and was miring his trousers with dread, saying he wished he'd cut the price last year and sold, worried that if the property's suddenly valued in pesetas it'd turn a painful loss into a disaster.

I know he's a friend of yours, but not only as a banker should he have known better and not been so greedy, but it is the ransacking of the assets that currently belongs to his type that I am most looking forward too. I might give the liquidators a couple of ounces for it.

EDIT: And they chuck an emergency 10Bn Euros in tonight to try and keep the wolf from the door, but that isn't going to stop the rioting, it isn't going to make any real difference to the prospects of a populist military coup followed by debt default and it isn't going to stop investors dumping Greek debt. 10 Yr yields are at 18% and yields at the short end are up to 28% - this has to end soon. The only way out of this ultimately is to print up a trillion euros and buy all of Greece's debt and tell them to carry on spunking the money to keep the populace happy and then keep printing and keep printing some more and some more and some more.

Personally, I am getting worried. Worried that this whole clusterf4ck will descend into chaos very quickly. I'm done enough to protect myself and managed to persuade some of those close to me to take some action (although nowhere near enough IMO unfortunately). Even with the papers now reporting about the severity of the problem fairly accurately this weekend (although far too late for Joe public to do f4ck all to save themselves), those I spoke to and waved the paper in front of in my family just take the attitude, 'so what, it'll be alright'.

The 'Ha, told you so' factor, is going to be small comfort when I see people I love lose a large chunk of their wealth.

Edited by General Congreve

Tomorrow it is:

A German compromise plan to resolve a dispute with the European Central Bank over the Greek rescue that was reported by Der Spiegel magazine is no longer on the table, a government source said Sunday.

Der Spiegel had reported ahead of its Monday issue that the German finance ministry called for a beefed-up version of Europe's temporary bailout mechanism lending to Greek banks to insure they have adequate collateral with the ECB.

It would boost the effective lending capacity of the Emergency Financial Stability Facility (EFSF) to 440 billion euros ($629 billion) and see member states double the amount of guarantees they provide the fund.

Germany's share of guarantees would climb to 246 billion euros from 123 billion euros, according to the report.

But a German official, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said that while "several options" were being debated to involve private creditors in an Athens rescue, the reported proposal was "no longer on the agenda".

The source added that the initial plan had differed from the reported proposal in "key aspects".

German officials say they seek a plan with as few "unwanted side effects" as possible.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hh6sw4CF1nPYouOGX-rOU6zcTdNA?docId=CNG.105975a399e42bed5c5d964daff21f4a.761

I reckon Germany will ditch Greece and Ireland. Maybe Portugal. Then they'll go all-in to save Spain.

It would boost the effective lending capacity of the Emergency Financial Stability Facility (EFSF) to 440 billion euros ($629 billion) and see member states double the amount of guarantees they provide the fund.

So basically, instead of localised failures that could be contagious across the Eurozone economies they're guaranteeing contagion when the zombie nations do finally go down.

All savers are issued with 12 inch dildo's and expected to shaft themselves. In other news "Greek style maybe painful but necessary" say bankers who are rubbing there grubby little hands at gaining possesion of their own little Greek island.

what are we waiting for WAR! Generals gathered in their masses! Give it 10 years and the U.S will get their way and the EU will but eating itself to survive. Time to immigrate. EU federalism was never going to be allowed to work. The UK was the patsy and now we must sup from the furry cup.

War you say? Just how many wars are we involved in at the moment?