House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Candyman

Opinions Please!

I have an Index tracking ISA ( FTSE 250 ) which I pay into every month. We aren't talking a fortune here but its currently worth about 8k. The thing that is puzzling me is this...

If at some point I'm sure that the market has peaked and is on a long term downward trend, is it better to just leave the money where it taking the long term view or would I be better off to cash it in and use the money to reduce my mortgage? I'd certainly maintain my monthly investment under either cicumstance in order to start building up that retirement fund again.

My aims are to pay of my mortgage asap but also to build up a fund for retirement. I just can't decide which approach is more efficient!

I'd appreciate any thought.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this