House Price Crash Forum

Runaway Fathers Are Like Drink-Drivers, Blasts David Cameron

HOLA441

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/8583752/Runaway-fathers-are-like-drink-drivers-blasts-David-Cameron.html

The Prime Minister's intervention – in an article for The Sunday Telegraph to mark Father's Day – is one of the most outspoken he has ever made in defence of traditional family life, which he describes as the "cornerstone of our society".

Mr Cameron said Britain needs to be made a "genuinely hostile" place for runaway fathers, who deserve the "full force of shame heaped upon them" and are "beyond the pale".

He also once again stresses his determination to bring in tax breaks for married couples – a controversial policy that figured strongly in the Conservatives' manifesto before last year's general election and remains popular with the Right of his party.

The Tories promised a tax cut worth at least £150 a year for married couples, a move at the time branded "patronising drivel that belong in the Edwardian age" by Nick Clegg.

An excellent bribe to stay together £150!!!!!

What about fathers how simply can't face getting involved with the other half again because it's just too stressful?

Perhaps he could help us identify these people by tattooing SHAME across there faces, then we can all point and shout shame on you at them.

HOLA442

Perhaps he could devise a sanction against them. Maybe it could be called something like Child Support Agency and pursue runaway

fathers for maintenance.

Oh, wait ...

Another great scheme to make life more difficult than it already is for those who try to do the Right Thing, yet miss those who evade it.

HOLA443

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/david-cameron/8583752/Runaway-fathers-are-like-drink-drivers-blasts-David-Cameron.html

What about fathers how simply can't face getting involved with the other half again because it's just too stressful?

Perhaps he could help us identify these people by tattooing SHAME across there faces, then we can all point and shout shame on you at them.

I agree with David Cameron's thoughts. If a man has a child they are 50% responsible for it, whereas I am 0% responsible for it so don't put the cost onto me by running off and letting the tax payer pay for absent fathers halves. Throughout society and at all level there is a drastic need for increased responsibility for peoples own actions.

HOLA444

struck a nerve did it?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Honestly, pretty much every crime report i see goes along the line of (accused) "the young father of two" (or more)

I think in a fair number of cases, the best thing the father can do is run away, instead of exposing the child to a life of violence and crime.

Making the simple correlation that children with both parents present tend to turn out better doesnt prove anything in of itself. They stay together because theyre the type of peope to stay together. Paying otherwise single parents to stay together doesnt change them into those people.

HOLA449

Perhaps he could devise a sanction against them. Maybe it could be called something like Child Support Agency and pursue runaway

fathers for maintenance.

Oh, wait ...

Another great scheme to make life more difficult than it already is for those who try to do the Right Thing, yet miss those who evade it.

100% agree. The enforcement of maintenance orders against those wilfully neglecting their responsibilities is virtually non existent.

HOLA4410

Fathers that have never had a father themselves cannot be forced to do something that they have no experience or knowledge of.......like treating the symptoms rather than the cause.....governments over the years have used their easy money to prop up a culture of we will care for you because nobody else will....so the victims are cared for and the guilty are discharged from their responsibilities....... ;)

HOLA4411

100% agree. The enforcement of maintenance orders against those wilfully neglecting their responsibilities is virtually non existent.

Yep total waste of time. The easy way to address this imho is to use the benefit system. If you abandon your kids and don't pay towards their up keep you lose any benefit entitlement. Loss of dole, tax credits and housing benefit should hit a large portion of missing parents . Any one wealthy enough to be outside the benefits system go after their belongings.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Sadly, that's probably true. Monkey see, monkey do.

....nothing to do with money here......but all kids should have a father who takes an interest in them and in their lives.....a child without one has lost a lot and nothing can bring that back for them....you have kids you invest your time in them ( if you can ) that is another barrier some have to contend with....a kid wants their dad not their dads money. ;)

HOLA4416

I agree with David Cameron's thoughts. If a man has a child they are 50% responsible for it, whereas I am 0% responsible for it so don't put the cost onto me by running off and letting the tax payer pay for absent fathers halves. Throughout society and at all level there is a drastic need for increased responsibility for peoples own actions.

Not sure I agree with that. If a bird wants to have an abortion and end the life of a child before it is even born ? Does she has to get 50% agreement from the bloke ? Nope. Indeed she doesn't even have to tell the bloke* he is about to have his unborn child ended.

Yet if she decides - notice the word she and she only when we are discussing this point - then suddenly the responsibility becomes totally equal 50/50 in an instant !! However ******ing convenient.

Women have to take way more than 50% of the responsibility when it comes to getting pregnant. They are the ones who will have to carry it for a start - and they are the ones who get 100% responsibility when it comes to deciding to have the kid or not. After knowing this and then saying that the bloke should also have 50% responsibility if a child is born ? Nonsense. Birds cannot have their cake and eat it. Well actually - it seems they can - however that does not make it right or fair.

* I know a lot of blokes would probably not mind but that is besides the point. It is the principle here.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Whatever a girl tells you if you don't what to be a father and accept the responsibilities that go with it wear one of these...take your pick. ;)

condom.jpg

And what about girl who tell guys they are on the pill - when in fact they are not ? Of course blokes should take some responsibility. Nobody would argue that point. However I do think the idea that it should be 50/50 is completely mental. It makes no logical sense. At all. Even remotely.

HOLA4419

And what about girl who tell guys they are on the pill - when in fact they are not ? Of course blokes should take some responsibility. Nobody would argue that point. However I do think the idea that it should be 50/50 is completely mental. It makes no logical sense. At all. Even remotely.

Like I have already said, don't take what they say as being the truth...protect yourself....they are not expecting you to pay the bill when they know the state will..... ;)

HOLA4420

Like I have already said, don't take what they say as being the truth...protect yourself....they are not expecting you to pay the bill when they know the state will..... ;)

Well of course. I am just saying the idea that these things are 50/50 is completely biased towards the female.

How would they like it if the choice of abortion or not was the same 50/50 ? I imagine the idea of what was fair or not would suddenly change.

HOLA4421

Well of course. I am just saying the idea that these things are 50/50 is completely biased towards the female.

How would they like it if the choice of abortion or not was the same 50/50 ? I imagine the idea of what was fair or not would suddenly change.

...you discuss this between yourselves before you decide to make a child. ;)

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Its scientifically proven Dads have a positive effect on their kids weight.

http://www.dailymail...ty-mothers.html

What else do Fathers have a greater influence over than the mother? I'd say its time for the courts to not give mothers default rights to look after the kids?

http://en.wikipedia....uthority_figure

Of course the state or Labour at least like people being dependant on the state.

In other words, the most successful kids are ones where the parents stay together and the dad has input into their upbringing, 'nuff said, if you want the best for your kid(s) you'd stay together and sort things out otherwise it just shows selfishness not self preservation imo.

"An increased amount of father–child involvement has also proven to increase a child's social stability, educational achievement, and even their potential to have a solid marriage as an adult. The children are also more curious about the world around them and develop greater problem solving skills"

You can instantly dismiss that bullshite - coz kids shoved into boarding skools at 8yrs old by 'loving parents' (who are out of sight) are consistently - amongst the highest attainers in the country!

(but end up with strange fetishes - like the City bunch are renowned for :rolleyes:)

Archived