House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tahoma

Keen Sellers

Sorry to drag the board back to house prices, but check this place.

£140K for a 3 bed with huge garden, in a nice bit of Peterborough (next to Itter Crescent which is very 'desirable'). Fair enough the decor needs updating, but still.

The comparison with tattier 30s semis in rougher areas, on the market at £170K+, is amusing to me if not the vendors. There are more and more houses coming to market that blow existing places out the water. Yet still they sit there.

At the current rate we are 18 months from 'fair value' IMHO. Crash cruise speed...

Edit: How ironic, I managed to post one of the few threads on house prices in 'Off topic'.

Here's another place (I like 30's semis, proper livable houses and great for young families) for £128.5K.

Not a bad area, well looked after. Houses are no longer looking ludicrously expensive folks. Another 20% or so off...

Sorry to drag the board back to house prices, but check this place.

£140K for a 3 bed with huge garden, in a nice bit of Peterborough (next to Itter Crescent which is very 'desirable'). Fair enough the decor needs updating, but still.

The comparison with tattier 30s semis in rougher areas, on the market at £170K+, is amusing to me if not the vendors. There are more and more houses coming to market that blow existing places out the water. Yet still they sit there.

At the current rate we are 18 months from 'fair value' IMHO. Crash cruise speed...

Edit: How ironic, I managed to post one of the few threads on house prices in 'Off topic'.

Prices above the 250k line are still stubborn where I am. Below the 250K line there is much higher volume than previously. Stuff is sticking and not moving. A lot of 1 bed flats seem to be appearing on the market.

Starting to see the first "motivated" sellers on RM I have seen, listed with 3 or more agents or described as requiring a quick sale. Never seen a RM repo on offer in my area. Methinks that the bottom end volume is now large enough to have completely sated the agents, their families, their mates and any investors they have dealings with, so I expect to see greater volumes of motivated sellers offered to the public over the next few months.

Prices above the 250k line are still stubborn where I am. Below the 250K line there is much higher volume than previously. Stuff is sticking and not moving. A lot of 1 bed flats seem to be appearing on the market.

Seeing that here too.. anything on at around 275-300 not shifting until prices drift down to £260.. then going under offer and occasionally sold. Anything not drifting ain't shifting.