House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jackpot06

Electric Bicycles

Last week I bought an Electric Bike from The Electric Bike co in Southampton a Mountain Sport.

I've experienced some ' buyers regret ' . As it's not been as effective as I'd hoped going up hills! !!!

Wondered if anyone on here has a leccy bike ?

I was going to buy a Wisper City 905 sport se.

But was advised this one I've bought is based on all the good things of the Wisper but better !

Views anyone ?

Last week I bought an Electric Bike from The Electric Bike co in Southampton a Mountain Sport.

I've experienced some ' buyers regret ' . As it's not been as effective as I'd hoped going up hills! !!!

But was advised this one I've bought is based on all the good things of the Wisper but better !

Views anyone ?

250w motor and can't do hills? I'd expect it to be able to do them, albeit slowly. I doubt as a human, I put our much more than 100-150watts on the steep hills here in Yorkshire.

Views anyone ?

I dont have much first hand knowledge, but my in-laws family run http://www.electriccyclecompany.co.uk/ - and ive chatted to them about these kinds of bikes. They generally told me that the whisper bikes were crap and now refuse to stock them. The only 2 brands that they really rate are Trek and Giant, having seen the number of returns and complaints they used to get about the other brands i know why the rest were dropped. Most decent shops will let you borrow one for a weekend to see if its what you want before you buy anything!

Am abroad and was very, very nearly run over by a cyclist on a mountain bike on the footpath doing what must have been 30mph at least the other day, dread to think what idiots like him would do with the electric bikes above.

Thanks for all the input. As usual with you 'posters', the content is informative,helpful,bizarre and interesting.

Thanks.

If you like teh look of that stealth bomber bear in mind it costs $10K US!!!!!!!!!!!!

My mate sells these things from his retail premises in Taunton: www.reactionelectric.co.uk

(I built his website)

The Wisper bikes are good, but they don't have the brilliant drive system that the Raleigh bikes do. They're also Chinese made I think whereas the Raleigh models are built in Germany. However...most of the Wispers have a throttle, but they Raleighs don't. Having a throttle is fun :)

Then there are Ebco bikes, ans they are excellent. They feel very fast.

I've ridden quite a few types and they've all seemed pretty good or better, though I haven't ridden any of them very far.

If you want any advice give Jim Duncan at Reaction Electric a shout he's a good bloke and will offer decent advice. If you mention that his web guy posted his info on a web forum he'll understand ;)