House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ken_ichikawa

Cash4Gold

Is it still worth going to cash4gold high street type places to BUY? I remember an old thread about somebody who went to one of these shops and bought a Krugger for about 1.5% above spot at the time was about £830.

I know the usual dealers (bullion by post and weighton offering good prices HGM is actually about a tenner more than anywhere else). Problem is these can only be paid via electronic and thus tracable means.

Weighton is the exception I'm not so sure about Bullion by post in Birmingham. But due to the 80 hour weeks I'm now working for filthy fiat I'm thinking of upping my total net worth to about 18-20%

ELSIF where is the absolute cheapest place for sovs? As if theprice is OK then it mighe be riskable to have door kicking down moments.

Thanks

The old thread : http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=161135

I've not managed to buy from the place yet. It had only just opened when I enquired and I was going on holiday the following week so was unable to make a purchase. Gold at the time was £875, when I came back it was over £900. To be honest I was waiting for a dip (never came) to hopefully put a large purchase through at around £900 an Oz, would require a morning fix of £886.

Sadly I've accumulated a load more of this filthy fiat too and am looking to offload it. The more Oz I can get for the money the better so I'm all ears on the best place to buy. Will have to look into Weighton as I thought HGM was the cheapest.

Bought another Oz today and just looking at the amount of paper required to buy such a small piece of metal is quite amazing. Cannot even fold my wallet up with that wad inside...

Edited by MrFlibble

When I say Weighton I mean its a place I call roll up to and pay in cash. Their cheapest Sov last time I looked was £239 but I got some pretty battered sovs from them tbh.

The mixed year sovs from HGM and BBP are a lot better condition.

I tried to persuade a C4G buyer that was set up in a shopping centre to do a bit of a dodgey, i.e. he buys a sov at well under value off unsuspecting joe public for about £180; I'd leave my number and offered to come and buy it cash off him for say £200 meaning he can net himself an easy £20 and his employers are none the wiser.

He wasn't interested, surely there will be a couple out there who could be tempted???

PS - New & sealed 2011 sovs are £234 from bullion by post if you buy +5, correct as of now.

I tried to persuade a C4G buyer that was set up in a shopping centre to do a bit of a dodgey, i.e. he buys a sov at well under value off unsuspecting joe public for about £180; I'd leave my number and offered to come and buy it cash off him for say £200 meaning he can net himself an easy £20 and his employers are none the wiser.

He wasn't interested, surely there will be a couple out there who could be tempted???

PS - New & sealed 2011 sovs are £234 from bullion by post if you buy +5, correct as of now.

Interesting idea, maybe another take on this is to hang around these places with a pocket full of money and outbid the cash4gold guy when a lucky punter rolls up :lol: