House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

the_dork

Annual Leave In Probation

Depends on your contract tbh, but in my own experience its pretty normal as they want to see how you perform in the first few months. The 3 month window is a free period in the sense that they can fire you for no reason other than unsuitable.

If you take some time off more than a day or two here they can't judge you and you move into the have to make a wafer thin excuse to fire this guy.

I would expect pro-rata holidays to at least apply. If they are hiring you, and they actually want your skills rather than somebody to just 3 months they should also be okay with any pre job booked holidays you may have i.e. 2week break to Mexico.

I would expect pro-rata holidays to at least apply. If they are hiring you, and they actually want your skills rather than somebody to just 3 months they should also be okay with any pre job booked holidays you may have i.e. 2week break to Mexico.

I got a job once with a 3month probationary period and a previously booked holiday - they basically extended the probation by the missed fortnight so their policy was adheres to then signed me off then. No big deal (although at the time I thought they were being cheeky extending it).

thanks again folks, I don't yet have a contract.

Never had it before and just seemed a bit unfair, but if it's the standard (rather than a sign the employers are ****) then fair enough