House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Swanz

Not A Bad House

It needs big modernisation IMPO - open up the downstairs, put in new bathroom, kitchen and boiler. No idea what it needs in terms of windows - does it need new ones - plus insultation in the roof/cavity walls.

Probably needs to be re-wired, perhaps replumbed?

I could not live with the back yard as it is 'very ungreen' - I would need to budget for updating that. What about some kind of sun lounge by extending out from the kitchen to make some kind of kitchen/conservatory. What do they call them?

Would also open up the front by taking away part of the wall to make the drive more easy to drive in and out of.

What I mean is, you could spend 50K on that easily IMPO.

Does that help?

It needs big modernisation IMPO - open up the downstairs, put in new bathroom, kitchen and boiler. No idea what it needs in terms of windows - does it need new ones - plus insultation in the roof/cavity walls.

I could not live with the back yard as it is 'very ungreen' - I would need to budget for updating that. What about some kind of sun lounge by extending out from the kitchen to make some kind of kitchen/conservatory. What do they call them?

Would also open up the front by taking away part of the wall to make the drive more easy to drive in and out of.

Does that help?

I would buy it.

By the way this was the property you asked me to pm you, re: agent

Does that help?

Look at the other houses on West Cross Lane and what Zoopla valuation is.

An EA told me about 2 months ago the following "Grey boxes at the top of West Cross - no one wants to buy them at the moment".

Bear that in mind if you put in an offer.

Best of luck.

Astleys have stopped taking offers on this property.

Astleys have stopped taking offers on this property.

Been told that the area around this property ( the green next to the river) is frequented by alcoholics and who congregate there during the evening causing bother. Will keep well away from this one! Thought it was too good to be true.