House Price Crash Forum
Si1

Tony Blair Interview In The Sun - Supports Coalition Nhs And Schools Reforms

Mr Blair said embattled Mr Miliband would be WRONG to pull back from his own forward-looking philosophy, WRONG to shift from the centre ground of politics and is WRONG to declare the days of New Labour were over.

And in another move that will infuriate the rookie Labour leader's inner team, Mr Blair insisted PM David Cameron's keystone health and education reforms were RIGHT.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3638081/Red-Ed-Miliband-warning-by-Tony-Blair.html?OTC-RSS&ATTR=News#ixzz1PYf1u3Ea

Ed Miliband is up there with Michael Foot when it comes to a Labour leader popularity contest, long may he reign.

If he gets replaced they stand more chance of returning to power and screwing the system even more.

Ed Miliband is up there with Michael Foot when it comes to a Labour leader popularity contest, long may he reign.

If he gets replaced they stand more chance of returning to power and screwing the system even more.

Now even worse than Foot!

Ed M had made a mistake to go illiberal on economics issues. Now, going "blue labour", he has decided to go illiberal on social issues as well!

Before the last election Cameron declared himself a liberal on both economics and social issues. The correct, contemporary modern position to be. Ed M has decided to go dinosaur on both accounts.

Right wing war criminal now working for an investment bank supports right wing economic agenda to sell of state to investment bankers.

Well I'm shocked.

Now even worse than Foot!

Ed M had made a mistake to go illiberal on economics issues. Now, going "blue labour", he has decided to go illiberal on social issues as well!

Before the last election Cameron declared himself a liberal on both economics and social issues. The correct, contemporary modern position to be. Ed M has decided to go dinosaur on both accounts.

I love people who actually believe there are differences between the political parties - you are all so cute!

Oooh I support the red team, no the blue team are the ones to support.

I wouldnt worry about that.

Liebour NEVER get rid of leaders. Its like the soviets having Stalin and a bunch of other's reign till they die, like some kind of monarchy. Brown never needed face an internal election, let alone being elected to the office of Prime minister. Kinnock, despite losing in 1987, was allowed to lose again in 1992 despite being an embarassment to the party and having the recession on his side. Bliar only got to be leader because John Smith was bumped off died. Its like some kind of union 'we're all in it together ethos, we'll all fail together rather than cut loose the fat'

OTOH, maybe tories have too many leadership battles. Major was more eligible to lead than Brown, and yet face numerous threats to his premiership.

Democracy has, and always will be, simply an inconvenience for the left.

I love people who actually believe there are differences between the political parties - you are all so cute!

Its like football really, its stupid but engaging. I think we all know you cant get a cigarette paper between them in practice, but the arguments are still interesting.

Blair is right.

Brown and Ed M are illiberal = obsolete dinosaurs.

Cameron learnt from Blair.

i really cant see him standing down septemberish, 6 months before the next major crisis and becoming a libyan peace envoy, whilst going home at night to be blown by a letterbox

Edited by georgia o'keeffe

Its a corporate/fascist state. Dave Milliband or Ed Cameron, Blue Labour, or Red Tory, its ALL BREAD AND CIRCUSES. dry.gif

Its a corporate/fascist state. Dave Milliband or Ed Cameron, Blue Labour, or Red Tory, its ALL BREAD AND CIRCUSES. dry.gif

Yes, but its still worth it to not have Harman/Jackboot smith and the rest of them testing the bounds of logic everytime they open their mouths.

Instead we get tories talking common sense (and then admittedly u-turning and doing what liebour would do)

Yes, but its still worth it to not have Harman/Jackboot smith and the rest of them testing the bounds of logic everytime they open their mouths.

Instead we get tories talking common sense (and then admittedly u-turning and doing what liebour would do)

There is no difference between this lot and the previous bunch. In fact its just embarrassing now. "Government" is now the enforcement arm of big business, for big business.

They have the cheek to come along every four years for our "approval" and give their dictatorial regime a modicum of respectability. The best thing we could do is deliver a gigantic raspberry at the entire "democratic" process.

Right wing war criminal now working for an investment bank supports right wing economic agenda to sell of state to investment bankers.

Well I'm shocked.

in the last 60 years only 2 labour leaders have won general elections - Blair and Wilson, since rejected by the Labour Party as right wingers, allegedly. The rank and file Labour Party are simply scared of winners.

I wouldnt worry about that.

Liebour NEVER get rid of leaders. Its like the soviets having Stalin and a bunch of other's reign till they die, like some kind of monarchy.

except if they're any good - they're terrified of that

except if they're any good - they're terrified of that

Oh any leader, Labour or Tory will be replaced pretty quickly if they show the remotest sign of competence, or getting to grips with reality.

We need a fresh lot of actors. This lot are getting boring now.

Blair backs the tories. Sums up new Labour doesn't it.

It's a very good indication of how ******ed things are, if nothing else.

...not for long