House Price Crash Forum
depo

Future Of Economy

This is just beginning what we see - deep recession should have started while ago, but UK managed to delay is. They can`t do it any more, its starting now. You don`t need to be Nostradamus to know what will happen and in what sequence - just look at some countries who have gone via this already, for example - Latvia. UK will go 1:1 same route with same problems in same order. Laws and basics of recession/economics are same. Its perfect hint for those who are willing to predict future.

What happened in Baltic states - Latvia & Lithuania:

Property price tags loosing 30-50%, grey economy booming(cash in hand, tax avoidance), fast;expensive;short term loans & debt collection most popular businesses, crime going into space mission, huge amount of companies will be going bust because of non paying customers - basically chain reaction. Huge amount of mortgage defaults, some banks will go bust or government will have to step in and support. Loans/mortgages will be given only to lucky ones. Cars costing more than £2000 not selling. Massive civil servant job cuts and pay cuts.

This is just beginning what we see - deep recession should have started while ago, but UK managed to delay is. They can`t do it any more, its starting now. You don`t need to be Nostradamus to know what will happen and in what sequence - just look at some countries who have gone via this already, for example - Latvia. UK will go 1:1 same route with same problems in same order. Laws and basics of recession/economics are same. Its perfect hint for those who are willing to predict future.

Property price tags loosing 30-50%, grey economy booming(cash in hand, tax avoidance), fast;expensive;short term loans & debt collection most popular businesses, crime going into space mission, huge amount of companies will be going bust because of non paying customers - basically chain reaction. Huge amount of mortgage defaults, some banks will go bust or government will have to step in and support. Loans/mortgages will be given only to lucky ones. Cars costing more than £2000 not selling. Massive civil servant job cuts and pay cuts.

Yep, clear the dead wood, get back to real growth, realistic asset values........................

In the future economy apes will be in control and the main currency will be bananas.

Much the same as now then- except you can eat bananas- could this be the 'gold' of which so much is spoken? :o

Edited by wonderpup

The think-tank leap2020 has been predicting this for US and UK for a while - saying the "adjustment to reality" will kick off this July onwards:

"And with this fourth series one enters the heart of the contagion process that will trigger the US federal debt bomb. Because, first, in creating a global media and financial environment ultra-sensitive to the issues of government indebtedness, Wall Street and the City have revealed the unsustainable size of US, British and Japanese government deficits (20). This has even forced the rating agencies, faithful watchdogs of the two financial centres, to engage in a mad race to downgrade countries’ ratings. It is for this reason that the United States now finds itself under the threat of a downgrade, as we had anticipated, even though it seemed unthinkable to most experts only a few months ago. At the same time, the United Kingdom, France, Japan... also find themselves in the rating agencies’ crosshairs (21). "

http://www.leap2020.eu/GEAB-N-56-Special-Summer-2011-is-available-Global-systemic-crisis-Last-warning-before-the-Autumn-2011-shock-when-15_a6679.html

Much the same as now then- except you can eat bananas- could this be the 'gold' of which so much is spoken? :o

A wise man once said :

"One day I went to the zoo, and there there was a large monkey. I gave the monkey three things. A banana, a ten pound note and a gold bar. The monkey promptly picked up the banana and ate it. He then picked up the gold bar, looked at it, then threw it at me. The monkey ignored the 10 pound note."

I'm not arguing that this is conclusive evidence I'm right, but it's got to make you think.

Edit : The only fundamental currencies I could think of were energy and information.

Edited by Gigantic Purple Slug

You don`t need to be Nostradamus to know what will happen and in what sequence - just look at some countries who have gone via this already, for example - Latvia. UK will go 1:1 same route with same problems in same order. Laws and basics of recession/economics are same. Its perfect hint for those who are willing to predict future.

At which price controls are introduced and the printers are turned on, 10 trillion pound notes are issued, then 100 trillion then notes in powers. Then the government will shave 5 zeroes off the currency.

But those zeroes will keep on coming back, until one day the government will just move the decimal place of the £ to the right every day.

This time next year we'll be nonillionares, but it'll cost 10^343714837473657986247562745

for a penny chew sweetie.

The most valuable is the monkey, not the £10 note, banana or the gold bar. The monkey can be trained as a slave to do the work for you in return for the promise of more bananas, that can be bought with IOUs printed at zero cost (£10 notes). "I promise the bearer a banana." Keep the gold bar when the monkey evolves and wises up to the scam and loses faith in the £10 notes. '

Looks like we're the monkeys. E E E AH AH AH

Let's say the rating agencies downgraded US debt tomorrow, for no known reason aside from those that are already known today. After perhaps an initial panic where do you think the money will go?

You can check the boards of the rating agencies and see how many shares they own of the companies they work for, traded on the NYSE, and then calculate how likely your scenario is.

The most valuable is the monkey

Yes, if it's lucky, we can make it a consumer - sell it a mortgage, life insurance, pension scheme and Sky TV.

Give it a mobile phone contract and a Facebook page and it will be a member of the human race.

A diet of alcohol, cholestorol & processed foods will put it in the 'civilised' category.

There's no money in bananas, they grow on trees. :)

You mean on top of the banks we are already supporting which would have failed? The UK govt can't support anymore UK banks, we should have broken up Barclays, RBS and Lloyd's.

I feel that when implode it will be after a Greek default, we are looking at total global system failure.

Don't forget calories & water.

Nah, calories are energy. So food is energy if that's what you mean.

Water is a tricky one. It has no calories from a metabolic perspective (you could argue I guess that you get energy from a hot drink).

Then when you think about water you start thinking about other things your body needs in order to survive but don't provide energy.

For example iron, soduim etc.

I guess the real answer boils down to whether it is possible to synthesize matter from energy (it is possible the other way round). If it is, then there are no issues. Simply create the matter you need from energy (all be it a lot of it). If it isn't then you need to add in at least a base element of matter into the currency mix (say hydrogen). You can then synthesize every other element you need from this.

I don't think you could claim sodium was a true fundamental currency, itrt if an alien landed on the planet there is no gurantee he would need it to survive.

Nah, calories are energy. So food is energy if that's what you mean.

Water is a tricky one. It has no calories from a metabolic perspective (you could argue I guess that you get energy from a hot drink).

Then when you think about water you start thinking about other things your body needs in order to survive but don't provide energy.

For example iron, soduim etc.

I guess the real answer boils down to whether it is possible to synthesize matter from energy (it is possible the other way round). If it is, then there are no issues. Simply create the matter you need from energy (all be it a lot of it). If it isn't then you need to add in at least a base element of matter into the currency mix (say hydrogen). You can then synthesize every other element you need from this.

I don't think you could claim sodium was a true fundamental currency, itrt if an alien landed on the planet there is no gurantee he would need it to survive.

This is all a little technical for a thread basically about an end of the world as we know it type scenario.

There are portable electrical machines around that allow you to condense humidity from the air into liquid water but i believe it is a slow process.

There's no money in bananas, they grow on trees. :)

My mother used to say to me:

"Money doesn't grow on trees."

But then, nor do bananas. :rolleyes:

This is all a little technical for a thread basically about an end of the world as we know it type scenario.

There are portable electrical machines around that allow you to condense humidity from the air into liquid water but i believe it is a slow process.

Before you can discuss the end of civilisation, you have to think about what it is in the first place :

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kardashev_scale

To add: many companies will be going bust because government tenders will dry up(already happening sharply) and therefore chain of suppliers going bust of firing most of the staff.

Spoken to car trader today who sells cars ranging 1 to 3.5k: people are targeting cheap diesels, point A to B motors for 1k. Its getting harder to sell anything harder and harder every day.

I know this from my own experience, just sold 9k car - in 6 weeks not a single viewing - even its desirable car/spec/price tag. Had to lower price for 2.5k!

If you own expensive car - train is leaving shortly...sell it now while you can or give it away for peanuts few months later.