House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
exiges

Increased Supply ?

Over on the Northampton thread, on a Friday, I tend to post semi-regular updates which are more-regularly ignored reporting the number of properties added in the last 24hrs and the last 7 days.. in Northamptonshire, to give an indication of how the market is looking.

Normally, the 7 day figure is in the 300-400 range

Today.. it's 662. (excluding STC)

That's a record by some margin.

Edited by exiges

I was just looking for Swansea and, whilst I can't give you any figures, it is very noticeable that the number of properties turning up on RM this week is much smaller to almost non-existent.

Over on the Northampton thread, on a Friday, I tend to post semi-regular updates which are more-regularly ignored reporting the number of properties added in the last 24hrs and the last 7 days.. in Northamptonshire, to give an indication of how the market is looking.

Normally, the 7 day figure is in the 300-400 range

Today.. it's 662. (excluding STC)

That's a record by some margin.

This is just beginning. You don`t need to be Nostradamus - just look at some countries who have gone via this already, for example - Latvia. UK will go 1:1 same route with same problems in same order. Its perfect hint... ;)

Property falling 30-50%, grey economy booming, fast;expensive;short term loans & debt collection most popular businesses. Huge amount of companies will be going bust because of customers not paying - basically chain reaction. Huge amount of mortgage defaults, some banks will go bust or government will have to step in and support. Loans/mortgages will be given only to lucky ones. Cars costing more than £2000 not selling. Massive civil servant job cuts and pay cuts.

Shrops, People's Democratic Republic of.

we moved to ludlow just over 2 years ago, we notice a massive amount compared to back then and some still on the market now from more than 3 years

Large amount of unsold stock in Scottish Borders and the West Country, much more than usual at this time of year (according to Rightmove). With very few sales happening I can't see the situation changing quickly - suspect there will be price cuts in the autumn.

In my postcode, this month or next we are on to break the supply record for the last two years.

Out of 5 postcodes I search in (N/E Yorks), 3 have done that either this or last month.

we moved to ludlow just over 2 years ago, we notice a massive amount compared to back then and some still on the market now from more than 3 years

The Midlands market is really staring to tank IMO. I keep my eyes on the worcester prices and they seem to experience the same symptoms mentioned - lots of supply

The Midlands market is really staring to tank IMO. I keep my eyes on the worcester prices and they seem to experience the same symptoms mentioned - lots of supply

Perhaps if the Midlands tanks those down Sarf might notice. Unlike Norn Iron and the Norf, they can almost see the Midlands from their skyscraper-quarter-of-a-million-quid-two-bed-apartments.

Edited by rantnrave

The increased number of For Sale boards is clearly visible too.

Back in the early 90s when prices were tumbling I encountered a guy who told me he was "in the property business" & that he was really doing brilliantly. Booming. Never better, in fact. I told him that I was pretty puzzled by that, as weren't we supposed to be in the middle of a house price crash?

His reply was that his firm made "For Sale" signs. Since nothing was selling, the signs were standing in front gardens for months longer than in the late 80s boom, so couldn't be uprooted & re-used. So all the EAs were having to order more of them. Which suited him just fine.

Back in the early 90s when prices were tumbling I encountered a guy who told me he was "in the property business" & that he was really doing brilliantly. Booming. Never better, in fact. I told him that I was pretty puzzled by that, as weren't we supposed to be in the middle of a house price crash?

His reply was that his firm made "For Sale" signs. Since nothing was selling, the signs were standing in front gardens for months longer than in the late 80s boom, so couldn't be uprooted & re-used. So all the EAs were having to order more of them. Which suited him just fine.

Funnily enough, was just reading about that on the EA Today site:

http://www.estateagenttoday.co.uk/news_features/Site-Signs-invest-to-meet-high-demand-on-%E2%80%98Boards%E2%80%99%E2%80%A6' rel="">Site Signs invest to meet high demand on 'Boards'…

Edited by rantnrave