House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Democorruptcy

Imf Cuts U.s. Growth Forecast, Warns Of Crisis

They obviously have their finger on the pulse noticing a country with "negative real interest rates"

The International Monetary Fund cut its forecast for U.S. economic growth on Friday and warned Washington and debt-ridden European countries that they are "playing with fire" unless they take immediate steps to reduce their budget deficits.

The IMF warned that many emerging markets still need more tightening. In China, for example, the high inflation rate means negative real interest rates.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2011/06/17/uk-imf-idUKTRE75G2WP20110617

They obviously have their finger on the pulse noticing a country with "negative real interest rates"

Thank goodness they were talking about debt ridden European countries and not us.

As Gordon Brown said about the IMF: "They were wrong about us in the past"

until of course they were proved right.

The IMF warned that many emerging markets still need more tightening. In China, for example, the high inflation rate means negative real interest rates.

Thank goodness that sort of economics only applies to emerging markets.

As a previous UK PM said "We are the nation best placed of all to weather the storm".

Edited by billybong

They don't mean "close budget defecits" they mean cut social programs and sell state assets to ensure the rich never have to take a loss.

Guest spp

Thought this was another Greece thread for a moment... :rolleyes:

They'll just keep kicking that can until everyone is sucked in.

In the BBC website coverage of this http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-13806383

there's a lovely quote from one George Magnus, senior economic adviser at UBS.

UBS's Mr Magnus said: "The standard [iMF] economic forecast is based on all sorts of assumptions, but that is the point. We are being treated to a succession of random and extreme events, which are difficult to predict."

So that means he has no idea what's going to happen, then.

UBS's Mr Magnus said: "The standard [iMF] economic forecast is based on all sorts of assumptions, but that is the point. We are being treated to a succession of random and extreme events, which are difficult to predict."

The swans are changing colour quicker than they than count them :lol:

They may have a PR issue. :lol::lol::lol:

I just finished watched Mission Impossible III (2006). This bit was near the end.

Wife: So I was just thinking. I was thinking you might want tell me why we're in China.

Ethan Hunt: I know.. I work for an agency. It's called IMF.

Wife: What does that stand for?

Ethan Hunt: Impossible Mission Force.

Wife: Ah shut up.

Most Western pampered boom lovers up to 2007 probably thought the real IMF was just some relic to step in with help for developing countries. The real IMF has loads more difficult problems to try to solve. More than impossible to remedy they could be best of saying allow some things to fail.

Most Western pampered boom lovers up to 2007 probably thought the real IMF was just some relic to step in with help for developing countries. The real IMF has loads more difficult problems to try to solve. More than impossible to remedy they could be best of saying allow some things to fail.

Quite the contrary, the IMF's (and the World Bank's) primary purpose is to enslave countries with debt for the benefit of the 'elite' and the banksters.

Up to recently this strategy was targeted at 'developing' countries, but now they are targetting the 'western' countries, too.

They aren't helping anyone but their paymasters.

This week has been a beauty. I imagine next week will be even better. B)

It has been a good week to hold fiat notes and coins, that's for sure. I am going to sell my fillings to get some more. Thanks for the advice General.

Consider me minted.