House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Redcellar

Radio5 Phone In - Noisy Neighbours

Phone is just said, that under contract law, a seller 'may be' obliged to tell a buyer if they went to the council with a noisy neighbour complaint!

Solicitor just came on air and seemed to agree there 'is a requirement of disclosure', so highly likely.

Anyone confirm this?

It could seriously affect a house price if you have to admit you ever went to the council with such a complaint. I know I would think twice about buying a house like that. Given the number of complaints rumoured to be 1,000,000 (again on the radio today), that could mean lots of homes could suffer, or leave themselves open to a claim later on.

So is it true???

If you are asked 'have you had any disputes with neighbours?' and you lie then of course you will be sued. If you are not asked I am not sure you need to mention it, but I am also sure that every solicitor will ask.

This is also why many people do not complain - no complaint no dispute. If the new owners say the neighbours are noisy that is their opinion and it is subjective - you did not find the bass and drum parties that went on until 4 in the morning intrusive.

That's one way to do it. Or, like families on the dodgy estate I used to live on did to a trouble-causing nutter that was housed on their road, just burn the c4nts house down. Problem neighbour is now someone else's problem.

Best thing to do with bad neighbours is to say nothing and not even indicate you have a problem with them, i.e. keep them totally unaware. When they are out and you are somewhere with plenty of witnesses have someone burn their house to the ground.

Trust me I've been there, had the disputes, involved the council, the police, the Scumlord who owned next door, none of it works. You either end up loosing thousands by selling and being honest or run the risk of loosing the same thousands plus more by being dishonest and getting sued later on.

The moment you lodge a complaint is the same moment you fukc yourself three ways from Sunday.

That's one way to do it. Or, like families on the dodgy estate I used to live on did to a trouble-causing nutter that was housed on their road, just burn the c4nts house down. Problem neighbour is now someone else's problem.

Yes direct action is often the best way forward in 21st Century red tape Britain.......

There is some dippy cow up North somewhere who was evicted by the council for numerous complaints about noise and anti social behaviour taking her case to Strasbourg. The women even admitted she was at fault but asserts her right to a family life etc under the HR act.

God help us all if the woman gets a judgement!!

Human rights court to examine eviction

Like the robust solutions on here.

Agree, seeking help from the organisations we pay to deal with this sort of nonsense would be an utter waste of time.

Big potential for a tragic accident though. Demolition might be a safer option but more problematic. Ideas?