House Price Crash Forum
jmzr

Bbc Breakfast - Just Now

I only caught the very end of this...

The financial guy (the older chap who often does the money programme section on saturday am....grey slicked back hair and glasses) was on the sofa will Bill and Sian

The feature was something about how the UK population is not paying down debt, despite lower interest rates etc...and how the debt is increasing, albeit at a lower rate

Bill pipes up "The BoE have said there could be 3 more years of pain"

BBC Finance guys says "Yes, well I'm not surprised, given they have been so bad at controlling inflation"

Camera swiftly moves off the Financial guy.....Bill and Sian look at each other worriedly.....lots of uncomfortable fake laughing and they do what the BBC does best and quickly chnage the subject

I can bet the Financial guy is currently on the receiving end of a bollocking.....

Don't they at this time of the morning get 'independent spokesmen' in? I know wake up to money on R5 does.

The financial guy (the older chap who often does the money programme section on saturday am....grey slicked back hair and glasses) was on the sofa will Bill and Sian

The feature was something about how the UK population is not paying down debt, despite lower interest rates etc...and how the debt is increasing, albeit at a lower rate

BBC Finance guys says "Yes, well I'm not surprised, given they have been so bad at controlling inflation"

Camera swiftly moves off the Financial guy.....Bill and Sian look at each other worriedly.....lots of uncomfortable fake laughing and they do what the BBC does best and quickly chnage the subject

I can bet the Financial guy is currently on the receiving end of a bollocking.....

That will be Paul Lewis of Money Box:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/moneybox/

The last two times I saw him on Breakfast, he was enthusing over NS&I index-linked certificates.

EDIT to say: I like the guy. He seems pretty straight-talking.

Edited by Quicken

It is laughable that the BOE pretend that there is only 3 more years of pain.

If pain is not having a lifestyle that you can't afford/buying new cars you don't need/going on abroad holidays instead of simpler, cheaper and nicer uk holidays/having the newest gadgets then it will be a lot longer than that.

I recommend everyone write to Complaints at the BBC to complain that there are not more tell it straight commentaries like this on their cosy little sofas

Something like

Dear BBC

If I paid a licence fee I would be very concerned that you do not give more airtime to people who tell it like it is, such as the chap who was on with Bill and Sian this morning (Paul Lewis?).

I wish to complain that he doesn't get more time on the TV to put the reality over the spin.

I am abroad at the moment and frankly no one here would have the cheek to collect a licence fee for the light-weight spin machine tat you call a news station

Yours,

E.X. PAT

Edited by inflating

bill and sian just want some more house lotteries.thats what they understand.

Two of the most annoying and vacuous intellectual pygmies on the box. Oh no...hang on... there's plenty more like them The BBC actively seek out compliant, servile, politically correct in a left wing bias sort of way, goody two shoes who will not rock the boat or be remotely controversial.

Did you hear Nicky Campbell yesterday morning trying to absolve Moron Clown from blame for the national deficit by insinuating it was the 'world financial crisis' to blame??? Luckily Fransis Maude just cut him down by stating that was incorrect and it was unequivocally the Clowns fault.

So Campbell was either being extremely disingenous in trying to mislead the general public, or else he is just another one who doesn't understand what the national deficit is. Either way, it is appalling someone so biased, or so clueless, is allowed to be a mouthpiece on the subject on a supposedly impartial channel.

Did you hear Nicky Campbell yesterday morning trying to absolve Moron Clown from blame for the national deficit by insinuating it was the 'world financial crisis' to blame??? Luckily Fransis Maude just cut him down by stating that was incorrect and it was unequivocally the Clowns fault.

So Campbell was either being extremely disingenous in trying to mislead the general public, or else he is just another one who doesn't understand what the national deficit is. Either way, it is appalling someone so biased, or so clueless, is allowed to be a mouthpiece on the subject on a supposedly impartial channel.

I think you nailed it there.

Anyone just read the BBC are in trouble over Panorama faking scenes of child labour against Primark.

The BBC has turned into the British Bullsh*ting Corporation

Happened a few years ago, started blurting out biased and ill informed 'news'.

He's not stupid - I'll bet he understands the difference between the annual fiscal deficit and the national debt

In many ways he's just like Steff Flanders - an establishment presstitute

5 years from now we won't see anthing of either Flanders or Cambell - they'll be hiding

I think you nailed it there.

Anyone just read the BBC are in trouble over Panorama faking scenes of child labour against Primark.

The BBC has turned into the British Bullsh*ting Corporation

Happened a few years ago, started blurting out biased and ill informed 'news'.

I've given up on BBC news. Used to watch the Breakfast news every morning and then someone on here mentioned Russia Today. Started watching it this week. A revelation. Showed footage of the civil war in Libya, the humanitarian crisis in Japan, lots of coverage of Greece - puts our Pravda to shame. Of course RT is sponsored by the Kremlin, but they do seem to report real World affairs.

I am not so sure I am with you on that. I reckon if he was interviewing a labour type, he would be pinning the woes of the deficit on them and trying to argue that the banking crisis had nothing to do with it, and that the banking crisis was caused by their regulatory policies anyway.

He is a reasonable questioner, and does his best to ask awkward questions of all politicians.

I think I did read somewhere that McBust did at one point reduce the debt in total, when he sold the 3G licences (for £20BN?). Sadly only short lived though. Perhaps we shouldn't be so down on him, because he sold gold off at rock bottom prices. laugh.gif

I am not so sure I am with you on that. I reckon if he was interviewing a labour type, he would be pinning the woes of the deficit on them and trying to argue that the banking crisis had nothing to do with it, and that the banking crisis was caused by their regulatory policies anyway.

He is a reasonable questioner, and does his best to ask awkward questions of all politicians.

+1

He usually asks questions that are pointedly the opposite view of whomever he is interviewing just for the sake of it - playing devil's advocate I suppose. Sometimes it makes sense, often it's just irritating. It's funnier when there are two guests on opposite sides and he continually flip-flops between them in order to wind both up.

+1

He usually asks questions that are pointedly the opposite view of whomever he is interviewing just for the sake of it - playing devil's advocate I suppose. Sometimes it makes sense, often it's just irritating. It's funnier when there are two guests on opposite sides and he continually flip-flops between them in order to wind both up.

He's still a tosser: a real presstitute

I've given up on BBC news. Used to watch the Breakfast news every morning and then someone on here mentioned Russia Today. Started watching it this week. A revelation. Showed footage of the civil war in Libya, the humanitarian crisis in Japan, lots of coverage of Greece - puts our Pravda to shame. Of course RT is sponsored by the Kremlin, but they do seem to report real World affairs.

Russia Today is fantastic. Even Sky News is better than BBC News.

BBC News will damage your wealth - you have been warned!

I caught a glimpse of that. It felt good didn't it? That brief moment where the veil of being dumbed down was lifted! When Trinty saw the sun for the first time! How illuminating!

trinity-in-the-sun.jpg

<br /><font size="5"><br /><br /><br />Bill pipes up "The BoE have said there could be 3 more years of pain"<br /><br /><br />BBC Finance guys says "Yes, well I'm not surprised, given they have been so bad at controlling inflation"<br /><br />Camera swiftly moves off the Financial guy.....Bill and Sian look at each other worriedly.....lots of uncomfortable fake laughing and they do what the BBC does best and quickly chnage the subject</font><br /><br />I recommend everyone write to Complaints at the BBC to complain that there are not more tell it straight commentaries like this on their cosy little sofas<br /><br />Something like<br /><br /><i>Dear BBC<br /><br />If I paid a licence fee I would be very concerned that you do not give more airtime to people who tell it like it is, such as the chap who was on with Bill and Sian this morning (Paul Lewis?).<br /><br />I wish to complain that he doesn't get more time on the TV to put the reality over the spin.<br /><br />I am abroad at the moment and frankly no one here would have the cheek to collect a licence fee for the light-weight spin machine tat you call a news station<br /><br />Yours,<br />E.X. PAT</i><br />

Maybee there's a 'link' between Air-time & Air-pollutants (called 'Interference'?)