House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

'Bart'

" I Was Bitten "

I'm watching this absolutely fascinating documentary about a chap who survived being eaten by a bear.

I remember seeing a story like that. Gruesome wasn't the word.

It's on again at 11pm on DMAX+1 for anyone who has Sky.

As a struggling Pensioner I can`t afford the luxury of Sky. :(

At the mo I am taking 5 billion live friendly bacteria who are working overtime in my intestines eating and destroying the nasty bacteria residing there. :)

At the mo I am taking 5 billion live friendly bacteria who are working overtime in my intestines eating and destroying the nasty bacteria residing there. :)

How much room do 5 billion bacteria take up?

Would they fit on a teaspoon, or maybe in a small glass?

He's not only alive (although he has no eyes with lots of his face missing), but afterwards he has got married, now with his first child and is counselling other people on how to get the most out of life after major trauma (like car crashes and the like). A major dude.

Absolutely.

I'm faced with macular hole eye surgery, which I'm not looking forward to (the recovery is the worst bit), and it's been bothering me since I found out I was going to have it done. Yet that's a walk in the park on a sunny day compared to what this guy has faced.

Bart, have you been following the thread about paleolithic eating and intermittent fasting? Some degenerative diseases respond very well to this combination, even reversing if caught early enough. (From the little I know, I read that macular hole is a sort of binary condition - you have it or you don't, but I guess there is a gradual degeneration that leads to it. Certainly there is no proof that paleolithic diet and IF will help the condition or stop it from happening. Such a link has probably never been studied. I would just see them as a boon to your overall health (which will improve), and any spin-off help with the treatment of your condition would be a lucky bonus.)

Been trying this approach myself Durch. A friend of mine suffers Meniers which is an immune system problem afflicting the inner ear. But guess what? Many people suffering Meniers also suffer "blood sugar" issue's. I told him to forget the several gallons of full sugar coke he down's at work, and start controlling his blood sugar better via diet. But know no, its amazing how people will rationalise their need for sugar.

Also a cousin of mine has severe arthritis and the medical profession seems to be leading her down the same path to destruction, that they led my father.

Bart, have you been following the thread about paleolithic eating and intermittent fasting?

I haven't no, but I shall read it now. Thanks. :)

But know no, its amazing how people will rationalise their need for sugar.

That rings a bell.

I've only recently cut out Coffeemate (I think I started a thread about that stuff). I loved my coffee with it but it's basically more of a glorified sweetener than it is a whitener, so I've switched to drinking tea instead.

I haven't no, but I shall read it now. Thanks. :)

That rings a bell.

I've only recently cut out Coffeemate (I think I started a thread about that stuff). I loved my coffee with it but it's basically more of a glorified sweetener than it is a whitener, so I've switched to drinking tea instead.

A recent study by Tufts nutrition researchers found that the development of age-related macular degeneration may be tied to over consumption of certain carbohydrates.

http://enews.tufts.edu/stories/73/2007/07/24/Study:SomeHigh-SugarFoodsLinkedToVisionLoss

I hate these documentaries. The ones that drag the story out then show a glimpse of something to come before going back to the beginning then an advert break after 15mins. Then a recap of the first quarter of the show. Then a replay of footage they have already shown 5 times. I think the best thing is probably to sky+ it and skip the bull shit.

I'm watching this absolutely fascinating documentary about a chap who survived being eaten by a bear. I don't usually go for these weird satellite channel documentaries, but this interview is really incredible.

This chap has been as near to death without dying as I think it's possible for a human being to go. And he has come back and described it so eloquently, you are almost there with him.

It's on again at 11pm on DMAX+1 for anyone who has Sky.

The Doc film "Timothy Treadwell - Grizzly Man" was a classic, if you have not seen it.

From the "fat bodies" thread:

A prominent British researcher, Malcolm Peel, conducted a study of how some mental illnesses may be related to excess sugar consumption. Preliminary findings indicate a definite link between high levels of sugar intake and the risk of developing either schizophrenia or depression.

I certainly do go through phases of, well, not so much depression as deep apathy.

I knew an old lady, who swallowed a fly ....