House Price Crash Forum
Executive Sadman

Handsome House Falls Over 50% In Value

50816_HCP01861_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.JPG

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-value.html?searchLocation=NN18+9HA&displayPropertyType=&bedrooms=&radius=0.0&sellersPriceGuide=Update+Results

13 Jul 2007 32 Blenheim Walk, Corby, Northamptonshire NN18 9HA Terraced £85,500

Notice Of Offer Property Address: 32 Blenheim Walk, Corby, Northamptonshire NN18 9HA We advise that an offer has been made for the above property in the sum of £41,500. Any persons wishing to increase on this offer should notify the agents of their best offer within the next 7 days.

Better get a move on if you want to snap this one up.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-value.html?searchLocation=NN18+9HA&displayPropertyType=&bedrooms=&radius=0.0&sellersPriceGuide=Update+Results

13 Jul 2007 32 Blenheim Walk, Corby, Northamptonshire NN18 9HA Terraced £85,500

Notice Of Offer Property Address: 32 Blenheim Walk, Corby, Northamptonshire NN18 9HA We advise that an offer has been made for the above property in the sum of £41,500. Any persons wishing to increase on this offer should notify the agents of their best offer within the next 7 days.

Better get a move on if you want to snap this one up.

I read in one of the Sunday papers recently that Corby is now a very nice area. :huh:

Another beaut, replete with bits of wood where glass would normally be found. Not quite 50% down on this one though

50816_HCP01842_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.JPG

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29920915.html

2007-10-05 70, Northbrook, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN18 9AX

Terrace, Freehold add details...

£85,000

Notice Of OfferProperty Address: 70 Northbrook, Corby, Northamptonshire NN18 9AXWe advise that an offer has been made for the above property in the sum of £58,500.

Another beaut, replete with bits of wood where glass would normally be found. Not quite 50% down on this one though

50816_HCP01842_IMG_00_0000_max_620x414.JPG

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29920915.html

2007-10-05 70, Northbrook, Corby, Northamptonshire, NN18 9AX

Terrace, Freehold add details...

£85,000

Notice Of OfferProperty Address: 70 Northbrook, Corby, Northamptonshire NN18 9AXWe advise that an offer has been made for the above property in the sum of £58,500.

Love the gate! :lol:

I read in one of the Sunday papers recently that Corby is now a very nice area. :huh:

I dont know. There seems to be a concerted effort by locals to advertise their town as 'better than Wellingborough, or maybe even Kettering' as if thats something to brag about.

They knocked down some houses adjacent and identical to the above ones. Not sure why they stopped there. I would have knocked down all of the 60s/70s ones. I guess there's always some nostalgic old folk that wont move or something.

Ive mentioned before though, at least its relatively cheap. Stevenage and Harlow seem every bit as depressing and yet are expensive.

I saw the picture, and thought "That's in Corby", I thought I was in the Northampton thread..

Awful isn't it

tbh, the architecture seems to have come back.

tennyson_road_cambridge_3.jpg

These 'townhomes' are in Cambridge and they want (and get) near £1million for them. Apart from a few trees and good tenants, the buildings look no better imo, and yet apparently they are 'award winning' (mordernist architects awarding other modernist architects i guess)

These 'townhomes' are in Cambridge and they want (and get) near £1million for them. Apart from a few trees and good tenants, the buildings look no better imo, and yet apparently they are 'award winning' (mordernist architects awarding other modernist architects i guess)

And here was me starting to think that no matter how cramped and mind-numbingly dull (or ghastly where it isn't dull - sometimes it's both ghastly and dull though) most modern architecture is at least we've improved a bit on the post war decades. Looks like I was wrong.

I remember a tv doc about vandalism and asbo's and such like. A guy lived in a flat just like this and was at his wits end with teenagers who would kick a football against the bottom of floor of his bedroom (which was above the underpass bit) for hours to deliberately annoy him.

To be honest he was a bit of a wet wipe. After asking nicely the first time I'd have just gone down there and filled them in, then denied all knowledge when the police came knocking. Although to be fair, I've subsequently had a window put through for clipping a youth I caught vandalising my gas meter box round the head a bit hard in the past (I assume it was that - but the estate was full of chavvy feckers so might not have been), so you have to be careful about these things, but you can't just be a pussy about it.

I remember a tv doc about vandalism and asbo's and such like. A guy lived in a flat just like this and was at his wits end with teenagers who would kick a football against the bottom of floor of his bedroom (which was above the underpass bit) for hours to deliberately annoy him.

I saw that too. IIRC it was about how Garry Newlove came to his end, and they show was trying to identify the extent and cause of troublemaking in the area, or similar areas. I can see why wet wipe was reluctant to confront a group of teenagers who might want to prove themselves. A bedroom above an underpass on an estate with bored kids hanging around. It's too inviting for mischief. Think he said that it got a lot worse the first time he went down and asked them to stop.

A couple of my older relatives with bog standard terraces of the type where tdoor opens right onto the pavement have told me they have to put up with people knocking on their doors and windows late at night as they walk past, which scares them.