House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
lorna1999

Typical Brighton Kite Flying...

Bump the comma at 23,500 although I'd still feel a little robbed, that photo of the pull out bed made me cry just a little at the state of this country.

Bump the comma at 23,500 although I'd still feel a little robbed, that photo of the pull out bed made me cry just a little at the state of this country.

+1, or should that be +1,000,000 given the ridiculousness of it all.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30414310.html

Over a quarter of a million, for a house only 8ft across at its widest point.

No doubt it won't sell, certainly nowhere near the asking price, but in terms of sentiment, seeing these types of places coming on RM is very depressing.

£235K, isn't it? Recent reduction?

I gather there's a market for weekend bolt holes in Brighton, so it probably will sell at not far off asking. Depressing though that may be.

For a weekend bolt hole I should imagine it'd tick quite a few boxes. Outside space but no gardening, for starters.

You'd think they might paint the outside, though. That yuck-brown is unbelievably horrible.

Edited by Mrs Bear

Don't panic. I've let the agent know using the 'report an error' feature. Or as I like to call it - the sarcasm button.

Why have I not thought of that before! Much fun.

Today's Brighton-bargain is this lovely pwoperty : http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/new-homes/property-30438730.html

Just 250K of your fine English pounds for a house in a run down backstreet off the mecca for drug dealing that is London Road. Grafitti all around (alongside some car repair shops), plus a view of a multistorey right opposite that had to install metal shutters on all exits and entrances because of dossers and druggies.

Don't all run at once :P .

Why have I not thought of that before! Much fun.

Today's Brighton-bargain is this lovely pwoperty : http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/new-homes/property-30438730.html

Just 250K of your fine English pounds for a house in a run down backstreet off the mecca for drug dealing that is London Road. Grafitti all around (alongside some car repair shops), plus a view of a multistorey right opposite that had to install metal shutters on all exits and entrances because of dossers and druggies.

Don't all run at once :P .

location, location, location, eh?!

why is there a pizza box on the toilet?

location, location, location, eh?!

why is there a pizza box on the toilet?

Because the house has been 'staged' of course - eating a takeaway pizza on the toilet is the aspiration for the new buyers of this amazing house. Alongside clearing the vomit off the downstairs windows and needles from the step every morning...

http://www.rightmove...y-30414310.html

No doubt it won't sell, certainly nowhere near the asking price, but in terms of sentiment, seeing these types of places coming on RM is very depressing.

I want to hear stories of London money trying to sell Brighton bolt holes they've bought during the past 20 years. Instead there are too many stories of fresh London money looking to buy Brighton holiday houses. WTH recession, austerity and lean years is not applying to so many people.

Clicking on the streetview on your Rightmove link takes you on to the street. With that house having a garage at the side navigated to down on streetview to the end of the street. Zoom in and it's number 2. Had some graffiti on the garage doors when the streetview car passed.

From nethouseprices. 21-Jul-2006. 2 Arnold Street,Brighton,Brighton And Hove,BN2 9XT. £177,500

Don't panic. I've let the agent know using the 'report an error' feature. Or as I like to call it - the sarcasm button.

Love it. And I love the fact there is a checkbox that says "The price is wrong".

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-30414310.html

Would suit train enthusiast.