House Price Crash Forum
exiges

Property Of The Week !

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-29608273.html

All yours for a princely sum of £700k..

One of the key features listed is Some Flood Damage

You'd think a) That'd be repaired under the insurance. b ) Before expecting people to part with nearly 3/4 of a MILLION pounds they would fix it first.

Edited by exiges

http://www.rightmove...y-29608273.html

All yours for a princely sum of £700k..

One of the key features listed is Some Flood Damage

You'd think a) That'd be repaired under the insurance. b ) Before expecting people to part with nearly 3/4 of a MILLION pounds they would fix it first.

wait for the work to be completed and you'll get for £600k(Atlantis)

Is that a proper wall in picture 5?

Didn't think so.

that looks like a blind covering the window (these people weren't at all self conscious)or were they, maybe they bacame so paranoid at thought of being seen on the sh*itt*er they just left never to return.

I assume that the seller thinks that it is worth £725k in their eyes as a complete article? If it was my house I would be more motivated to put the damage right as sellers in this market will be very suspicious.

Is it built on a flood plain? :unsure:

Is that a toilet blocking the door on picture 3 ?

I think the door opening just clears the pan.

I would be less happy with the non-obscure window above the loo. :(

Edit - grammar.

Edited by MattW

I have seen more attractive warehouse Units on a buisness park in Slough. Was the flood damage caused by pipes bursting or by the local river paying a visit?

If it`s the river.. Good luck with insuring the bland box.

Even the open space views look boring.

10 April 2011 19:17:11

Brief Description found: Detached Barn Conversion 8 Bedrooms/3 En Suite Stands in grounds of approximately 6.5 aces Rural Location MORE DETAILS TO FOLLOW SOON...

Price found: £749,950

Status found: Available

Subtitle found: 8 bedroom detached house

Title found: Combermere View, Aston

Empty, unrepaired damage, I smell a repo.

"Flooding from rivers or sea without defences"

Oh dear, looks like the local river likes to come and say hello from time to time.

http://maps.environm...1&lg=1,&scale=9

Edit: Sorry, link doesn't work - quick look at the flood map reveals all.

Edited by Red Karma

Can't see much wrong with it, but it looks like a milking shed, or one of the faciities at Auschwitz.

If I had the luxury of a site and designing a home to go on it I would emphasise thermal efficiency, proximity of one room from another, flood damage limitation and a garden.

This is ugly and soulless and it would wear you out getting about inside.

(edited on flood plain information)

Edited by Laughing Gnome

Can't see much wrong with it, but it looks like a milking shed, or one of the faciities at Auschwitz.

If I had the luxury of a site and designing a home to go on it I would emphasise thermal efficiency, proximity of one room from another, flood damage limitation and a garden.

This is ugly and soulless and it would wear you out getting about inside.

(edited on flood plain information)

I'd feel like I'd arrived at work when I got home

"Flooding from rivers or sea without defences"

Oh dear, looks like the local river likes to come and say hello from time to time.

http://maps.environm...1&lg=1,&scale=9

Edit: Sorry, link doesn't work - quick look at the flood map reveals all.

Try This Link

It seems to work ok for me, looks like they have a bit of a damp problem around there for sure ;)

Edited by JustAnotherProle

I have seen more attractive warehouse Units on a buisness park in Slough.

Spot on.

Surely it used to be an office building? The design and parking space out front says "workplace" to me.

Maybe with more and more vacant business premises, builders will try their luck at converting them and selling them off as homes?

PLEASE NOTE THERE IS SOME DAMAGE TO THE HEATING SYSTEM AND PLUMBING DUE TO THE PROPERTY BEING VACANT OVER THE WINTER PERIOD. SOME OF THE WOODEN FLOORING HAS ALSO BEEN DAMAGED AND THE PROPERTY HAS BEEN PRICED TO REFLECT THIS, ANY NECESSARY WORKS MUST BE CARRIED OUT BY THE EVENTUAL PURCHASER

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Even a commercial property can't cost this much... nuts!

Try This Link

It seems to work ok for me, looks like they have a bit of a damp problem around there for sure ;)

Horrible, damaged and a flood risk.

As to why they haven't claimed on the insurance and fixed it - maybe they can't get flood insurance in a location like that.

Surely it used to be an office building? The design and parking space out front says "workplace" to me.

Maybe with more and more vacant business premises, builders will try their luck at converting them and selling them off as homes?

It's advertised on Globrix too, and in that description they say it was supposed to be two units, which I take to mean two homes.

I don't know what went scuppered that. If it could be done easily enough, wouldn't it be in lender's interest to spend the extra required to make it two homes, and sell it as two homes, than one ugly flooded big house which wasn't its original purpose? Nevermind. Just realised the asking price for the entire unit is £699,950 and not something like £300,000. Lender should be happy washing hands of it as one bad looking damaged unit anything near that asking price.

AGENT'S NOTE: 'Mulberry House', due to its unoccupancy during the winter months has suffered frost damage noteably to the central heating & plumbing systems. Prospective purchasers should make there own enquiries into the extent of the damage and remedial costings. The original developer of 'Combermere View' intended the property to be two units, which is evident today by the symmetry of the two staircases and the general layout, plus the two central heating boilers with separate oil tanks. Subject to any necessary consents the layout could be altered easily to provide two units, perhaps utilising one as accommodation to let to provide a secondary income.

There is another rightmove entry for it and does look very repo or distressed sale.

Sorry to derail sllightly, but this rental house doesn't really deserve its own thread... though I had to share.

Firstly, it is listed as detached...

Secondly, I hope the kid isn't included (pic 4).

Sorry to derail sllightly, but this rental house doesn't really deserve its own thread... though I had to share.

Firstly, it is listed as detached...

Secondly, I hope the kid isn't included (pic 4).

:lol: Maybe the kid is a ghost

There is another rightmove entry for it and does look very repo or distressed sale.

There are some funny looking marks on the loo lids and the taps that could well be "do not use" tape.

It's certainly very ugly, as others have said, and the site looks horribly flat and bleak.

And imagine the cost of running all those halogen spotlights. My personal experience is 9, at 50 watts a pop, and you're still sitting in gloom.

I have seen more attractive warehouse Units on a buisness park in Slough. Was the flood damage caused by pipes bursting or by the local river paying a visit?

If it`s the river.. Good luck with insuring the bland box.

Even the open space views look boring.

From the description it would appear to be burst pipes as it was left empty over the winter.

It really does look like an office block!