House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OLDFTB

An Email From An Estate Agent

Quote from an Expats website thread:

Just receieved this in an Email from our UK Estate Agent: "With the current property market in the UK being distinctly quiet we do not evisage any price rises for probably 18 months to 2 years and unless a drop in interest rates occurs soon we are going to see a fall in prices over the coming winter priod. "

That makes me feel gloomy. The house is now empty, my tenants who were so keen to buy the place (until they learned it's true value) are gone, winter is coming, and we're stuck in a rental house in Ottawa until we get some cash from the UK house."

Never thought i'd see the day when a EA sends out info like that. The bit about a drop in interest rates sounds like desperation.I doubt it will make much difference to this stagnating market.

Just receieved this in an Email from our UK Estate Agent: "With the current property market in the UK being distinctly quiet we do not evisage any price rises for probably 18 months to 2 years and unless a drop in interest rates occurs soon we are going to see a fall in prices over the coming winter priod. "

That makes me feel gloomy. The house is now empty, my tenants who were so keen to buy the place (until they learned it's true value) are gone, winter is coming, and we're stuck in a rental house in Ottawa until we get some cash from the UK house."

Never thought i'd see the day when a EA sends out info like that. The bit about a drop in interest rates sounds like desperation.I doubt it will make much difference to this stagnating market.

reduce the price by 20%. better than the 40% it will fall by 2009/10 - that's what I would tell them

Edited by Financial Planner

Beautiful. Just beautiful!

... my tenants who were so keen to buy the place (until they learned it's true value) ...

I like that bit. Surely its true value was what the tenants were prepared to pay for it, not what the seller is asking for it!

Just had a phone call from F**tons in SW London asking if we were still looking to sell our house. Not an unusual thing for an estate agent to be doing in the ordinary course you might say.

Except that we registered with them 18 months ago when we looked to sell. Haven't heard from them in 16 months. Things must be desperate when they have to trawl through the last 2 years worth records of potential sellers/buyers to drum up business...

Told them we were waiting to sell when buying prices were 20% cheaper than now. She said "ok". She did not sound surprised.