House Price Crash Forum

'i'm Not Having It': Moment Cameron And Clegg Were Shown Who's Boss During Hospital Visit

HOLA441
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

My landlord doesn't charge me more when I get a pay rise or when I spend more money in the shops.

And the Government doesn't charge you more when your landlord increases the rent. I'm suggesting you regard taxes as rent, not that they are the same thing. Although if your going down that route, the Government won't make you homeless if you evade taxes. Quite the opposite actually ;)

What they do have in common is that you can always move if you think the 'rent' is excessive.

HOLA443

Equally anybody who works there can resign from the public sector and get a job that's not paid for by extortion.

:)

there is public sector and public sector, we need to be sensible here.

I can clean my street, take my rubbish to landfill, educate my kids, decide for myself which 5-a-day I want to eat BUT I cannot replace my grandma's hip or fix my smashed knee or bypass my uncle heart...

HOLA444

What about a fire service?

A terrace of 3 houses - the end 2 are insured with the private fire station, the middle one isn't. The middle one catches fire and the fire brigade won't put it out and wait for the end 2 houses to catch fire before putting them out.

Of course in Injin world the fire engine won't have got to the fire as it will still be paying tolls every 10m on the privately owned stretches of road.

They'd use the fire Injin, obviously :P

HOLA445

"Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground."

Nothing personal at all Bosh, and I haven't read your posts, so please forgive me, but merely thinking of the amusing logic of your signature...Yesterday's nut that held its ground could just as easily be today's squirrel shit

HOLA446

there is public sector and public sector, we need to be sensible here.

I can clean my street, take my rubbish to landfill, educate my kids, decide for myself which 5-a-day I want to eat BUT I cannot replace my grandma's hip or fix my smashed knee or bypass my uncle heart...

Be sensible - how on earth can good come from theft and extortion?

HOLA447

Be sensible - how on earth can good come from theft and extortion?

How about if I stole £50k from Bill Gates, bought some antibiotics, and took them to Africa to treat children with easily cured infectious diseases who would otherwise have died slow and painful deaths?

HOLA448
HOLA449

Who does he think he is? He's a surgeon. He's good at his job, and his job is doing something that people are desperate to have.

As to wages - surgeons in the NHS make big money on the side in the private sector, from private patients.

His perfectly adequate response is that daily WE beg him to heal us and he does so.

IMO a man with excellent credentials to tell a media crew where they get off.

Of course, having seen inside some hospitals in this country recently, I do wonder when the last time they cleaned the ward properly was... :ph34r:

HOLA4410

Evil.

:)

The problem with Injinworld is that there is a single "good thing" - inalienable property rights - which always trumps every other "good thing", no matter what the context. Take a look at any religious text, or their secular equivalents like the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. There are many things that make up a good life and a good society, and property rights are just one of them. Working out the balance between property rights and other good things like freedom from disease, everybody having food on the table etc is the business of politics.

It seems to me that Injinworld, by always putting property rights first, would do a worse job of handling problems like disease and food distribution. Maybe you would claim as many libertarians do that when property rights are absolute, those other problems will just take care of themselves. To me, that case seems far from proven.

HOLA4411

The problem with Injinworld is that there is a single "good thing" - inalienable property rights - which always trumps every other "good thing", no matter what the context. Take a look at any religious text, or their secular equivalents like the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. There are many things that make up a good life and a good society, and property rights are just one of them. Working out the balance between property rights and other good things like freedom from disease, everybody having food on the table etc is the business of politics.

It seems to me that Injinworld, by always putting property rights first, would do a worse job of handling problems like disease and food distribution. Maybe you would claim as many libertarians do that when property rights are absolute, those other problems will just take care of themselves. To me, that case seems far from proven.

Don't care about any of that.

Stealing is wrong.

Stop it.

HOLA4412

Of course, having seen inside some hospitals in this country recently, I do wonder when the last time they cleaned the ward properly was... :ph34r:

Christ, you want him to stick a broom up his ar$e so he can sweep the floor while fitting yer grannies plastic hip ;)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Nothing personal at all Bosh, and I haven't read your posts, so please forgive me, but merely thinking of the amusing logic of your signature...Yesterday's nut that held its ground could just as easily be today's squirrel shit

Yes but it starts with todays mighty oak not todays Squirrel shit. Could use the same logic describing someone growing into a fine person but I would then flip and say they could have just as easily dribbled down dads leg and not exist.

Read my posts. I`m here all week :D

HOLA4418

He reminded me a bit of spoilt b@stard out of viz.

It was pretty unprofessional going off on one like that in the ward in front of the patients.

So what would you have done written a letter to your MP?

I'm glad we're all living in the real world, I'm sure handling an NHS ward isn't stressful, and I'm sure having to deal with a camera crew in front of the PM and Deputy PM isn't a particularly difficult situation that all the geniuses here would handle perfectly, inbetween posting on a forum. :rolleyes:

Edited by wealthy

HOLA4419

The man walked up to the camera crew who were filming cameron and clegg and told them to do one in the best interest of the patients on his ward

That takes some serious balls

He still sounded like a Dick. You could see his staff cringing with embarrassment. He could have been forceful with a bit of style. Instead, he made a tw@t of himself. Silly little tantrum. I still take me hat off to surgeons though.

HOLA4420

I'm glad we're all living in the real world, I'm sure handling an NHS ward isn't stressful, and I'm sure having to deal with a camera crew in front of the PM and Deputy PM isn't a particularly difficult situation that all the geniuses here would handle perfectly, inbetween posting on a forum. :rolleyes:

Simple really, walk up to them and ask them to please stop filming. Explain who you are politely and tell them that the actions of the camera crew/press represent a significant health risk to patients under your care. Tell them what they need to do before they can continue filming and thank them for abiding by clinical hospital policy.

Same result with less drama/stress to the patients and visitors. Does not matter what we think on hpc about authority/government but some patients would have been excited about meeting the Prime minister. Something to tell the kids maybe.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

He still sounded like a Dick. You could see his staff cringing with embarrassment. He could have been forceful with a bit of style. Instead, he made a tw@t of himself. Silly little tantrum. I still take me hat off to surgeons though.

Who gives a toss how he sounded

Job done

Vast majority of the population would have hid in the corner and said nothing, including everyone on here

Stop crictising the guy: I'm not having it :D

Edited by wealthy

HOLA4423

Simple really, walk up to them and ask them to please stop filming. Explain who you are politely and tell them that the actions of the camera crew/press represent a significant health risk to patients under your care. Tell them what they need to do before they can continue filming and thank them for abiding by clinical hospital policy.

No not simple

If you think it's simple you've never found yourself in a difficult situation, let alone one that involves the safety of others :rolleyes:

HOLA4424

I have visited hospitals many times. I don`t wear ties unless up before the judge or burying someone. I was unaware of the tie rule. I always disinfect my hands. If he came flying at me all guns blazing in an aggresive manner then he would have been lucky he was in the right place to have one of his mates remove his head from his ar5e.

Forget political favourites and even if it was Brown or Obama I just don`t understand why people choose to be rude instantly. Fair enough if they were told and decided to ignore the rules then give em both barrels.

HOLA4425

As bosh said he should have asked him politely to observe the required hygiene regulations.

I dont deny he has a stressful job but losing the rag in front of the patients isnt too smart.

As an aside, does anyone know if he was observing the required hygiene regulations? I would have though his bow tie and that id card swinging round his neck would have been a no no.

Edited by PunK BeaR