House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fatcat

Advice Needed Regarding Property Location

All

just had an offer accepted on a house we liked but now I am worried about the location with point of resale etc

the house is adjacent to a primary school side walls but school is one of the best in area

Also there are railway lines around 140 yards from the house aroune 6 hoises between lines and house

just wondering will this house be very hard to sell in future if we want to sell again

Well, you agreed to buy it, so I suspect others would also agree to buy it. Everything has a price and I assume that if the school and railway are an issue then these would pull the price down a little. I hope you factored this into your successful offer.

At the end of the day, you'll sell it no problems provided the price is low enough. The reason some properties with blights seem hard to sell is because vendors ask for the value of the property as if the blight did not exist.

For example, if the house without school & railway would have a fair market value of £300K, but only £200K with the school & railway, vendors will still ask the £300K and people will say the house is difficult to sell, whereas it would sell easily at £200K and almost instantly at £20K

All

just had an offer accepted on a house we liked but now I am worried about the location with point of resale etc

the house is adjacent to a primary school side walls but school is one of the best in area

Also there are railway lines around 140 yards from the house aroune 6 hoises between lines and house

just wondering will this house be very hard to sell in future if we want to sell again

Look at how busy the train line is - are they high speed trains or trundlers once an hour or so on a branch line? A relative owned a house near a railway line which had high speed goods trains going up and down it and the house and windows shook!

School will probably give problems in the morning and at kicking out time with traffic / parking. Near our school, some houses are inaccessible during rush hour. Why not turn up at these times and see if it's a problem or not? It will of course have a benefit for parents who want their kids to get into that school. Is primary less of a problem than secondary in terms of rubbish in your garden / bad language over the back wall etc?

Good luck...

I have face the same problem, we recently like a house, except there's a railway bridge at the back garden and there's also a BIG electric tower. We don't know what to do, the house price is just fair because of the railway, but didn't count for the electric tower.

My mum and mother-in-law both not agree to buy, they wonder it will has radiation problem and hard to resale, even not good to live in.

What you guys think?