_w_

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

TMT,

you called it last week for Wednesday and Thursday.

I am not sure what the criteria is for judging whether or not you got it right. At the moment it seems to me that things are looking very dark, and could easily get worse. This call has to be the best yet, though perhaps not exactly bang on. You still have a few hours, we may yet see meltdown.

TMT,

you called it last week for Wednesday and Thursday.

I am not sure what the criteria is for judging whether or not you got it right. At the moment it seems to me that things are looking very dark, and could easily get worse. This call has to be the best yet, though perhaps not exactly bang on. You still have a few hours, we may yet see meltdown.

In just under an hour eyes will turn to Wall Street. DOW Futures down only marginally currently, probably because the US is looking stunned across the Atlantic wondering and hoping what the ECB will do.

It's more frustrating for me - much of[1] my wealth is in equities already.

[1] approx 65 per cent of my unearned income is divis.

Although "I'm in it for the long term" and am more interested in income than capital values, I'm not sure my middle-aged ticker can stand a re-run of the last drop into the abyss. Can we have some "up" now, please? I've even had to change the scale on my graphs to reduce the visual impact again.

Ooops. And off to black thread heaven.

:D Actually Weds was at least a decent down day and plenty of rioting in the streets which is pretty good as black days go. I'm hoping all that is now priced in and we can move to new high heaven. :rolleyes:

:D Actually Weds was at least a decent down day and plenty of rioting in the streets which is pretty good as black days go. I'm hoping all that is now priced in and we can move to new high heaven. :rolleyes:

It looks like it could happen, particularly with rumours of some more actions by the Fed next week.

It looks like it could happen, particularly with rumours of some more actions by the Fed next week.

Well, having talked down QE3 recently, it would certainly have an impact if Ben did something but perhaps different to more simple bond purchases. Though I'm not quite sure what. He seems to prefer fiscal action to further monetary easing at this point.