House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

Niall Ferguson Says 100% Certain Greece Will Default

10 minute video talking generlly about global economy, deflation, inflation, QE, ECB, Germany, Greece, PIIGS.

"If I was Greece I would default."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/niall-ferguson-says-100percent-certain-greece-will-default/2011/06/14/AGtjDSUH_video.html

Niall Ferguson states the bleeding obvious (as per usual).

Sheesh

Paint me a mental picture of what to expect if Greece defaults?

Supermarkets being raided by zombies?

Martial Law? Police shoot to kill policies?

Mad Max four?

I highly doubt it.

Mad Max four?

I highly doubt it.

Greek gigolo waiters in tight white trousers going on ztrike, refusing to bonk plump British women in the Greek style.

Yes but when the inevitable does happen he'll be able to say he predicted the bleedin obvious.

Whilst everyone else is surprised by it :rolleyes:

Be interesting to see if this snowballs into the other PIIGS once it happens. I believe it will.

Edited by MrFlibble

I beg to differ.. Search google for his "metrics of doom" presentation and he was calling it a year ago

Some of us called it the day Greece joined the EU.

:D:D

I know!!! Brilliant brainwave idea that has just hit me!!

Greece should take out a big fat LIAR LOAN like wot 2-3+ million UK house"buyer" suckers did in the UK in the last decade....?

Oh!! :blink::blink::unsure:

.........Greece has already taken out COUNTLESS LIAR LOANS....

:o:rolleyes:

Edited by eric pebble

And they are all proper big banks. 'Systemic failure' type banks :rolleyes:

Oh dear, I bank with one of them. I wonder whether savers are protected in France the same way as the UK should there be a problem...

Greek gigolo waiters in tight white trousers going on ztrike, refusing to bonk plump British women in the Greek style.

what - up the wrong'un?

Although it was only ever going to be an issue if they didn't address the fudging. As we are talking about politicians the fudging was never going to be addressed.

what - up the wrong'un?

A GP friend tells me that during the Summer months they get an upturn in appointments from British women who return from Greek holidays with a surprise on their faces :o

I beg to differ.. Search google for his "metrics of doom" presentation and he was calling it a year ago

Erm...you saw his Ascent of Money made just before the crash? You know, the PBS doc in which he showed that he had no clue about what was coming?!

Niall jumped on the band wagon, something he is very good at. Half the members on this board were predicting Greece to go down the tubes years ago, along with every other economice commentator. Recall the PIIGS?

Niall jumped on the band wagon, something he is very good at. Half the members on this board were predicting Greece to go down the tubes years ago, along with every other economice commentator. Recall the PIIGS?

+1

And where is AEP, by the way? If there's someone who is entitled to a big "I told you so", it's him surely...

Mad Max four?

I highly doubt it.

Quorn in your Moussaka

+1

And where is AEP, by the way? If there's someone who is entitled to a big "I told you so", it's him surely...

He's on sabbatical in Argentina in the Mendoza region getting shit faced on good wine. No word of a lie.

What Greece should do is use the EU stability rules to print €1tn. "Lend" those euros to the Greek banks to save them from the liquidity issues of the bank runs, give the banks 30 days to pay their customers and for the customer to get their money safely into a German bank, then declare their banks bunkrupt and drop the Euro, leaving the banks and government bondholders out to dry, but leaving all the greek people with their "hard earned" savings.

I'm not advocating it, but if they were looking at the best interest of the Greek people, that's what they would do. Effectively it means stealling €1trillion euros from German and French savers.

Erm...you saw his Ascent of Money made just before the crash? You know, the PBS doc in which he showed that he had no clue about what was coming?!

I thought it was also said on here that the show had to be hastily rewritten as he was about to champion how this time it was different, just as it was found out not to be?

He's on sabbatical in Argentina in the Mendoza region getting shit faced on good wine. No word of a lie.

Did he take his wife?

In Mendoza the wine is seriously good (another league from the Argentinian wine sold in Europe) and the ladies are beautiful and naughty.

He may never return....