House Price Crash Forum

£9m In 12 Months

woody

HOLA441

Ladies and gents, it looks like we just found the "greatest fools".

I just hope they are the last fools.

UK banks are going to lose a lot of money on some irresponsible lending - I can't understand why they haven't tightened up yet- the US was behind us on this bubble but they are already tightening up on credit and all the UK banks seem to have done is increase the interest rates on credit cards.

I think Northern Rock are still doing 125% mortgages :blink:

HOLA442

This whole discussion has been unproductive and highly unintelligent. Its sad and pathetic how jealous u all sound.

:angry:

First things first! I am ALL FOR Free Enterprise - Good Luck to all that have the balls to do it.

I actually read this article, not so sure you have. The gist of the arguement was the fact that people this young can borrow as much as £9m in 9months in a market that has been in decline for 18 months. This is a jibe at the lenders!

These same lenders would not take the risk on someone that it is unlikely to move and fight tooth and nail to pay for their house. When one of these 'success stories' makes such a flippant remark as 'what the worst that can happen?'.

If I was the lender I would be shitting bricks now!

I am not jealous of them AT ALL!!!

Your remark that was not backed up with a contructive reason, shows its shallowness.

TIP: Read the posts carefully! Engage brain, before typing!

HOLA443
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA444
HOLA445

Why are you guys so jealous of these 3 seemingly good entrepreneurs?! Why not just congratulate them on their success and wish them all the best for the future?!

Hmm, are you sure you and anna aren't 2 out of the 3 of them? Two new members whose first posts are to defend fools?

HOLA446

Why are you guys so jealous of these 3 seemingly good entrepreneurs?! Why not just congratulate them on their success and wish them all the best for the future?!

They're gonna need all the luck in the world, especially if they think Donald Trump is to be emulated!

I do love how you define simply borrowing £9m from a bank as "their success", it rather depends what they make of it and whether success flows from there. If they make a go at it in the current market then they deserve a medal, however it's a bit late in the game, when it comes to booms it helps to lead rather than follow.

I do wonder why a 6 week old thread has been dug up by a bunch of newly registered users, I just hope you aren't those guys looking for a little self-affirmation.

HOLA447
HOLA448

A little bit of maths:

"Their strategy is to structure complex financial deals with developers and banks and to ensure that their rental income yields at least £600 a month on each property after costs"

and

"They like to point out that they do not rely on handouts to fund their ventures, most of which are newly built properties costing £200,000 and more"

err - unless 'costs' include the mortgage-interest, and assuming no vacant periods, then this gives a basic yield of less than 4%.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
Guest Bart of Darkness

What success? Getting a loan of £9 million? If they can come out of this without going bankrupt, that would be success.

Another "new" poster who thinks we are jealous of people with £9 million of DEBT. Maybe I should try and borrow £10 million, then everyone would be jealous of me.

NOT!

HOLA4411

"we’re looking at over £1,000 profit per property per month"

the mortgages are interest only, then shouldn't that £1000 be put towards paying off the repayment part of the mortgage?

oh, sorry i forgot - the capital gain on the properties will pay off the whole mortgage in two years so they don't need to worry about that!

:lol: