House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fishbone Glover

Desperation Setting In?

I had an unsolicited little flyer put through the letterbox today, about a local Bellway Homes development, knocking £20,000 off a 3 bedroom house and inviting offers for two bedroom apartments. The house is still dramatically overpriced at £169,995, but I'm taking it as a good sign.

Did the last crash start with new builds dropping in price?

No sh**. Went to see a new build last weekend. I don't know why I sad I could take it with 20k off. They keep calling me at least three times a day since then. I am not intersted anyway so f**** them.

OP and the first respnse thank you both for posting.

I think it would be a bit more helpful and insightful to the forum if you stated the area of the country.

BTW little s why waste a weekend traipsing round a new build site and then offer 20k off and give them YOUR details!

prestigious new build developments following the tactics of the cheap unpopular pizza parlours trying to undercut Dominos? sounds about right and where the market sits.

so many houses not selling. so many developments with so many empty new builds in Medway, Kent. You can smell the corprses. stench of death everywhere.

even these buy 10% of a house, rent the rest etc "incentives" are now seen for what they are. not even the daftest girlie ftb will fall for it now.

be knocking on doors offering 40% off next.

prestigious new build developments following the tactics of the cheap unpopular pizza parlours trying to undercut Dominos? sounds about right and where the market sits.

so many houses not selling. so many developments with so many empty new builds in Medway, Kent. You can smell the corprses. stench of death everywhere.

even these buy 10% of a house, rent the rest etc "incentives" are now seen for what they are. not even the daftest girlie ftb will fall for it now.

be knocking on doors offering 40% off next.

I must admit as soon as I saw it I thought it was good news, for exactly the reason you describe. It's also helping to persuade my other half that we need to wait as prices are going to fall considerably now she's seen it. Once the house on the flyer comes down to £120K I'll consider it :)