House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
The Masked Tulip

How Bankers Are Using The Debt Crisis To Welcome In The Financial Road To Serfdom

The thing that really shocked me out of TFH-territory was that Trichet comment about economic policies and running the tax take.

I could not believe that there wasn't a massive outcry against such ideas even spoken. It is an issue of sovereignty; it goes right to the heart of the concept of the sovereign state itself.

They are boiling us like frogs towards a corporate-style fascist feudalism, and no-one seems to be noticing it.

Edited by dissident junk

They are boiling us like frogs towards a corporate-style fascist feudalism, and no-one seems to be noticing it.

Well, isn't that rather the point of the whole boiling frogs thing?

That said, it's apparently nonsense, and I suspect and hope that it's nonsense that we'll take it too. A point will be reached, and violence and revolt will increase exponentially from there. Bloody idiots. (the elite rather than the revolters)

That said, it's apparently nonsense, and I suspect and hope that it's nonsense that we'll take it too. A point will be reached, and violence and revolt will increase exponentially from there. Bloody idiots. (the elite rather than the revolters)

+1

Unfortunately it's wishful thinking in the UK.

The UK sheeple will much more likely protest against public service excesses, benefit scroungers, unions, foreigners, muslims, etc., than against the 'elite' and the banksters.

'Divide et impera' is working very very well for the 'elite' in the UK.

They have pacifying tools that weren't available to the elite in other eras (media disinformation, Xfactor, brand obsession etc etc) - the Americans have shown the way, keep enough of your population ignorant and you can manipulate "democracy".

There will be no revolution until very very large numbers of people are going hungry. There was no revolution in the USA in the 30s, and people were starving, why do you think it would be different now?

Unfortunately it's wishful thinking in the UK.

The UK sheeple will much more likely protest against public service excesses, benefit scroungers, unions, foreigners, muslims, etc., than against the 'elite' and the banksters.

'Divide et impera' is working very very well for the 'elite' in the UK.

+1

They have pacifying tools that weren't available to the elite in other eras (media disinformation, Xfactor, brand obsession etc etc) - the Americans have shown the way, keep enough of your population ignorant and you can manipulate "democracy".

There will be no revolution until very very large numbers of people are going hungry. There was no revolution in the USA in the 30s, and people were starving, why do you think it would be different now?

Ooh that ain't true.

The US had at least one failed coup in the 30's, and the army deployed on the streets of washington at one point as well.

Ooh that ain't true.

The US had at least one failed coup in the 30's, and the army deployed on the streets of washington at one point as well.

OK, but not exactly major, when you consider that many of the population are armed there.

Either way I'm not expecting millions of Brits on the streets anytime soon, I'd love to be wrong though.

The thing that really shocked me out of TFH-territory was that Trichet comment about economic policies and running the tax take.

I could not believe that there wasn't a massive outcry against such ideas even spoken. It is an issue of sovereignty; it goes right to the heart of the concept of the sovereign state itself.

Would you keep it down a bit please? I'm trying to watch a replay of yesterday's Britain's Got Talent.

110604-bs-ronanparke.jpg