House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
wonderpup

Unmortgage Backed Securities

Quote from the comments:

If, for the sake of argument, the financial institutions are held fully liable for this clusterf*ck and bank shareholder equity goes to zero and bank bondholders get haircuts to zero, will the liquidation of the banks be sufficient to make good the pension funds', insurance companies', and others' investments in these mortgage-based securities?

The whole MBS racket in the US looks like it's on the edge of blowing up-

What implications are there for the UK- don't our pension funds own a lot of these- possibly unsecured- debts?

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=188065#discuss

Edited by wonderpup

Quote from the comments:

The whole MBS racket in the US looks like it's on the edge of blowing up-

What implications are there for the UK- don't our pension funds own a lot of these- possibly unsecured- debts?

http://market-ticker.org/akcs-www?post=188065#discuss

I doubt if UK company pension schemes have a lot of these bonds, I bet the regulator has seen to that.

The real danger is what happens to other asset values if this all goes Pete Tong, as it is likely to. I am betting we will get a lot of new money printed, and a lot of inflation. The losers from that will be those in Pension schemes where there is a cap on the yearly increases in Pension Payouts.

As for the Pension funds in the US, I am expecting them to all blow up.

Given that London under Brown's reign as Chancellor became the souped up unregulated structured credit capital of the World, where they not just sold these to surplus nations and savings schemes round the world but where the banks and hedge funds traded them between each other to create miraculous profits for the bonus machine....I wouldn't personally rely on the fact that it happened in America and therefore won't affect the rest of us.

Well we wont know until it all goes pop. From what I have heard, pensions regulation in this country may have worked, and I doubt if many company pension schemes are loaded with this debt.

I am expecting most of it to turn up in US, Japanese and German Pension funds. That Norweigan SWF is probably going to have its fill as well, and I bet the oil rich arabs may have bagged themselves a reverse bargain or two. We shall see.

It will be highly amusing if they have been too clever for their own good.

I'm still surprised no one has taken any legal action against the Fed, especially as so far the proles have been denied access to free money yet the bankers have been given ad infinitum.

MERS is the ultimate monument to bankster arrogance- finding the established legal process too slow and costly they just unilaterally decided to create their own process!!!?

What were they thinking? :blink:

MERS is the ultimate monument to bankster arrogance- finding the established legal process too slow and costly they just unilaterally decided to create their own process!!!?

red ferarri or blue ferarri.

Just as the uk banksters were trying to drum up demand for mortgage backed shite mk II.

The pension funds will have to look elsewhere for returns that are not crippled by understated inflation ( which is why the bankrupt of england keep rates low to herd money into these scams).

Maybe the pension funds will pick economies with real and not fake gdp/inflation/housing bubble growth.

They were thinking we don't need no stinkin' law - we has the regulator in our pocketses.