House Price Crash Forum
nohpc

Boe Good Cop/bad Cop

It amazes me how every day almost there is an article about rates staying low or rates dropping.

In my opinion they have no intention of raising rates (significantly) for an extremely long time.

The BOE have such a lowly opinion of the sheeple that they think that they can manipulate their inflation expectations through these silly little statements they are releasing all the time.

Manipulations:

1) BOE member says - don't worry rates will stay low for a long time - this is meant to manipulate the sheelpe into keeping on parting with money to buy shiny crap they don't need when they can't afford it

2) BOE member says - rates will have to rise - this is meant to manipulate the sheeple's inflation expectations and keep inflation in check meaning they don't speand to much.

It's best just to use your common sense and realise what a state our (and the entire Western) economy is in. There are unbelievable amounts of debt, we haven't even scratched the surface yet. It cannot be repaid and therefor must be defaulted on by way of inflation. The gov and BOE WANT inflation and as stated in my other post inflation sould be welcomed at this stage if you have held onto your job and have a tracker mortgage.

They can pretend all they want that they will raise rates but until I see higher employment and wages I won't believe it. At the moment I am seeing quite significant wage cuts and lower employment. There are of course many other factors at play.

Of course rates will have to rise sometime and the best thing to do at the moment is protect yourself from this eventuality but there is plenty of time to accumulate so you can take advantage of high rates when they do come.... one day.

It amazes me how every day almost there is an article about rates staying low or rates dropping.

In my opinion they have no intention of raising rates (significantly) for an extremely long time.

The BOE have such a lowly opinion of the sheeple that they think that they can manipulate their inflation expectations through these silly little statements they are releasing all the time.

Manipulations:

1) BOE member says - don't worry rates will stay low for a long time - this is meant to manipulate the sheelpe into keeping on parting with money to buy shiny crap they don't need when they can't afford it

2) BOE member says - rates will have to rise - this is meant to manipulate the sheeple's inflation expectations and keep inflation in check meaning they don't speand to much.

It's best just to use your common sense and realise what a state our (and the entire Western) economy is in. There are unbelievable amounts of debt, we haven't even scratched the surface yet. It cannot be repaid and therefor must be defaulted on by way of inflation. The gov and BOE WANT inflation and as stated in my other post inflation sould be welcomed at this stage if you have held onto your job and have a tracker mortgage.

They can pretend all they want that they will raise rates but until I see higher employment and wages I won't believe it. At the moment I am seeing quite significant wage cuts and lower employment. There are of course many other factors at play.

Of course rates will have to rise sometime and the best thing to do at the moment is protect yourself from this eventuality but there is plenty of time to accumulate so you can take advantage of high rates when they do come.... one day.

It does make me wonder some times if it is done so the elite have an advantage over the rest of us. There must be a inner circle that know exactly whats going on Bilderberg and friends. If you were 99% sure base rates were not going to go up buying now could still be a good move

Manipulations:

If you look at the whole of the financial system in this country you don't have to listen to what they say, they will print at the slightest sign of deflation and they will allow inflation to go nuts as long as we don't get downgraded by the inside club of rating agencies.