House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

Airbus Unveil The Transparent Plane We'll Be Flying Around In Come 2050

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2003052/Transparent-plane-2050-passengers-sky-cabin-walls.html

article-2003052-0C8A809400000578-657_634x286.jpg

Looks an amazing idea, certainly flying at night would be interesting with the lights turned off.

I would love that!

I can't remember exactly when, but the idea of a completely transparent plane occurred to me within the last couple of years (in a, 'I wonder how hard it would be to make a transparent plane?' kind of way) when I was flying to or from somewhere or other and peering through the little porthole.

I would love that!

I can't remember exactly when, but the idea of a completely transparent plane occurred to me within the last couple of years (in a, 'I wonder how hard it would be to make a transparent plane?' kind of way) when I was flying to or from somewhere or other and peering through the little porthole.

It's be great, as long as no one had vertigo..

Flying on that would be great (probably awful if you're scared of flying though!) Finally, hints of something new that looks nicer and more interesting. Probably not so good if you want to pull the blind down and doze off though.

:lol: Airbus will cease to exist without EU subsidies. The EU is in a perilous state currently!

How else can it compete with heavily subsidised Boeing, Embraer etc etc.........?

looks like the cockpit of the massive warplane from avatar.

and probably countless other sci-fi's.

It's be great, as long as no one had vertigo..

Its acrophobia actually..

Interesting little tit bit, a great number of skydivers are scared of heights.

My legendary instructor who stopped counting jumps at 40,000 jumps is scared of heights. Several of the regulars at my DZ are scared of heights.

The difference is humans can't fly thus our brains cannot differentiate altitude very well. The ground from 15000ft and 2500ft looks about the same. Thus the fear isn't present.

While stick me on top of a crane for a bungee jump I can see my connection to the ground and can relate as to how high it is. And subsequently it makes me think oooookay I'm rather high and think it is dangerous.

I wrote something about this a while ago..

In that to save materials and thus reinforcement and thus weight passenger aircraft should not have windows. Instead a strip of the internal wall should be coated in flexible thin film transitor (used in flat screen TVs) to project an external image to the inside if needed.

Well people in the 1960s thought we'd have a colony on mars by now or whatever ; We will probably just be using modified airbus A380s in 2050 (40 years) - 747 is around 40 years old and still in service albeit modified but still instantly regonisable.

This design is a joke imo.

Well people in the 1960s thought we'd have a colony on mars by now or whatever ; We will probably just be using modified airbus A380s in 2050 (40 years) - 747 is around 40 years old and still in service albeit modified but still instantly regonisable.

This design is a joke imo.

What like nuclear powered?

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/article5024190.ece

2050 ffs... Might even get a hpc by then as well :lol:

I`ll probably be dead anyway. Miss all the fun.

Pilots could have great fun. Steer towards a mountain then veer off at the last minute..

The view is better from a paraglider, although there is not an in-flight bar.

bit cold on a para at 40,000 feet too.

Yes because everyone will want to sit next to a nuclear reactor?

Where do they come up with this crap.

If you had been reading the Fukushima thread you would have become enlightened to know that the risk from nuclear radiation is negligible and all the risk of cancer is due to the stress of thinking radiation causes cancer.

Today you are not allowed a fork onboard a plane - yet in 2050 they will apparently be handing out golf clubs.

Hoorah - the threat of terror will be gone by then !!

If you had been reading the Fukushima thread you would have become enlightened to know that the risk from nuclear radiation is negligible and all the risk of cancer is due to the stress of thinking radiation causes cancer.

I noticed they came out a couple of weeks ago saying mobile phones cause brain cancer.

That could have been a ploy to blame increased cancer on mobile phones instead of Fukushima.