House Price Crash Forum
Nowhere To Go

Evidence That The Cuts Starting To Bite?!

We are currently renting due to str'ing last year and over the weekend I went into the kitchen to see a mouse running across the kitchen worktop!!! After the initial scream and shock I thought I would phone the pest control department on Monday as the guy was really helpful last year when we had rats in the same house.

So I called the town hall today only to be told that he had retired in March and they are not replacing him, I immediately thanked them for being so helpful and put the phone down. So that must be what they mean by the private sector picking up the slack as I will now have to call somebody from the yellow pages.

BTW We have put our own traps down and caught 2 during the night but as it is a rented property and I won't have to pay for the pest services I may aswell get somebody to come and do the dirty work for me.

The Council guy probably took a pension paid up in full plus a big cheque to walk away, had a fortnight's hol in Florida and then came back to set up his own business making more money than he did at the Council?

BTW We have put our own traps down and caught 2 during the night but as it is a rented property and I won't have to pay for the pest services I may aswell get somebody to come and do the dirty work for me.

The best way to get rid of mice humanely is to keep a pet python in the house giving them complete freedom of movement.

Or, as mice send out an advance soldier to search for food and if it does not return they repeat the procedure time and time again.

The best solution is to keep all food securely sealed and mouse proof and eventually they will move on to new pastures. ;)

You can borrow my neighbours cat. Keeps bring us presents. Half eaten mice and the odd small bird. It has also dumped about 4 barely alive mice on our doorstep for us to dispose of.

I really do not like cats and half dead creatures upset my young kids but in a strange way I am quite impressed by this cats hunting skills. Just wish it would take it's trophies home.

Of course I will invite it in for dinner should we encounter mice in the house :D

The best way to get rid of mice humanely is to keep a pet python in the house giving them complete freedom of movement.

It will also keeps the number of children in your house under control.

It wouldn't cross my mind to call the council about mice. A couple of traps baited with chocolate and the little blighters are gone in a week.

Is this further evidence the "infantilisation" of the country? Do we have to turn to local government to deal with mice?

It wouldn't cross my mind to call the council about mice. A couple of traps baited with chocolate and the little blighters are gone in a week.

Is this further evidence the "infantilisation" of the country? Do we have to turn to local government to deal with mice?

Me neither. I found that cheese and a mousetrap, while stereotypical, does actually work!

Poundshop have sticky mouse and rat traps.

You just throw them in the bin when they've caught stuff. Still alive. Eeek.

Or I'll lend you the cat. Although she's the one who brings them in here.

Mine are all finely honed rodent killing machines.

Mine seems to be a fan of bloodsports. It likes to bring the mice into the house then beat them half to death before letting them go. That way he can then hunt them at a later date at his leisure. The problem is the house is now full of mice because the ******* brings in at least 1 per night. Sometimes leaving a bloody pulp on your pillow while you sleep as a surprise for when you wake up!

Mine seems to be a fan of bloodsports. It likes to bring the mice into the house then beat them half to death before letting them go. That way he can then hunt them at a later date at his leisure. The problem is the house is now full of mice because the ******* brings in at least 1 per night. Sometimes leaving a bloody pulp on your pillow while you sleep as a surprise for when you wake up!

Don't let the cats in to the bedroom. I used to but one used to sleep on the pillow and push me off!

Horrid.

I've been the walk in centre after being bitten by a large mouse/baby rat she bought in. HAd I took the creature in with me they asked. NO!

My sentiments exactly mate. Just kill the little ****, easy, job done.

We have become a nation of useless morons due to paternal politics. Folk can't think for themselves or actually do anything.

'Oh...I need to replace a plug on the toaster...better call the plug man', 'Would it be alright if I started up my own business?' etc etc

This country is paralysed because people believe they need permission to do anything. Just FLUCKING DO IT, and tell the W(B)ANKERS to PIIIISSS off.

FFS.......Bring back National Service or something, otherwise we are doomed to a life of misery and moaners toxic on X-Factor and Strictly Cum Dancing.

FFS !!

Don't let the cats in to the bedroom. I used to but one used to sleep on the pillow and push me off!

Horrid.

I've been the walk in centre after being bitten by a large mouse/baby rat she bought in. HAd I took the creature in with me they asked. NO!

I thought you liked stroking your pussy in bed! :blink:

Cats are great at catching mice, not so good at catching the ones already in your house. Had a problem with loads of mice in a house we lived in for a while, the cat just dragged extra stuff in from the garden.