House Price Crash Forum
R K

20% Off New Vauxhalls

http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/20-off-new-vauxhalls/257655/

• 20% off most models
  • Savings of up to £7165
  • Applies to accessories, too

The 'Vauxhall Countdown' event means that buyers can get 20% off the list price (before options) of most of its models, as long as the car is ordered or registered between June 17 and July 18.

Our Target Prices show that you can already haggle big discounts off most of the Vauxhall range, but the offer knocks £7165 off the flagship Insignia model.

The updated Corsa is available through the deal from £9300 and there’s at least £3227 off applicable Astra five-door models.

The offer doesn’t apply to options, but it can be used for any genuine Vauxhall accessory, if the car is bought through the Countdown scheme. The deal means that a bicycle carrier is available for as little as £52, while a Garmin sat-nav can be bought from £88. The cost of fitting and painting accessories – where necessary – is also included.

Expression and ES Tech models – across Vauxhall’s range – are excluded from the deal, as are Zafira Exclusiv models and the new Astra GTC.

Demand falling off a cliff again?

Who could possibly have foreseen that in a depression the scrappage scheme was simply deferring the inevitable?

I hope Osborne's got his Plan B figured out - he may be needing it sooner that he thought

Car manufactures don't make money by selling cars these days. They make money from options, finance and maintenance. They decide how much "loss" they are willing to take when sell a car depending how much they can expect to suck out of you later.

You know Sony sells PS3 below cost, so they can get people hooked?

You know ASDA sell beers below cost, so they can get people hooked?

Oh, By the way, you DO know Bank of England too sell money below cost, so they can get people hooked?

I think they may be run by the same person......

<br /><a href='http://www.whatcar.com/car-news/20-off-new-vauxhalls/257655/' class='bbc_url' title='' rel='nofollow'>http://www.whatcar.c...uxhalls/257655/</a><br /><br /><ul class='bbc'><li></li></ul><br /><br /><br />Demand falling off a cliff again? <br /><br />Who could possibly have foreseen that in a depression the scrappage scheme was simply deferring the inevitable?<br /><br />I hope Osborne's got his Plan B figured out - he may be needing it sooner that he thought<br />

It's one of 'their' cons - cos the prices are just reverting to the proper price pre-Govt old car trade-in deal where all the manufacturers whacked the prices up 20% just before the Brown car subsidy kicked in.

Like the supermarket model of overpricing wine for a month or two then pretending it is hugely reduced and they sell you semi-vinegar the french would only use to cook with.

There hasn't been a time in the last 20 years when i couldn't have walked into any Vauxhall dealer and haggled a 20% discount in 10 minutes.

Anyone who pays anywhere near list price on a Vauxhall is an idiot.

Total non-story.

£10K for a base model Corsa! Gees I've been away too long.

Corsa has to be one of the worst cars you can buy. I know several sh!t t y little cars that sell for well less than 10k.

Beats me how Vauxhall keep going with their overpriced junk.

The car market is littered with manufacturers, model types and variants. I'm surprised that Vauxhall are still going.

You know Sony sells PS3 below cost, so they can get people hooked?

Really? I think i'll go out and buy a PS3 and no games - now who's the fool, eh Sony?

Oh hang on... :unsure: never mind.

Corsa has to be one of the worst cars you can buy. I know several sh!t t y little cars that sell for well less than 10k.

Beats me how Vauxhall keep going with their overpriced junk.

The car market is littered with manufacturers, model types and variants. I'm surprised that Vauxhall are still going.

Totally agree. The Vauxhall Corsa is the worst small car ever made.

Even the new ones have awful build quality, crap handling, look but-ugly and the cabin is the most dull place to be in the world.

Really? I think i'll go out and buy a PS3 and no games - now who's the fool, eh Sony?

They almost certainly do sell the consoles at a loss. But they make lots and lots of margin on the games. Most console manufacturers have a 'break even' number for the number of games they need to sell before the cost of the console is covered.

I wouldn't say the Vauxhall Corsa is a super car at all, but it seems to be a lot like the current Skoda models and the mid level cars with the overrated VW brand, a car that's extremely, extremely OK and still somewhat better than a comparable car from the 60s, 70s and early 80s that rusted away into brown slag within half a decade.

Buy pre-owned. Sony or anyone who has made the game gets nothing of the sale price. The shop gets 100%. There was a report recently saying that the secondhand games market is more damaging than software piratcy

It's one of 'their' cons - cos the prices are just reverting to the proper price pre-Govt old car trade-in deal where all the manufacturers whacked the prices up 20% just before the Brown car subsidy kicked in.

Cars have got more expensive mostly because of the value of the pound dropping off a cliff. The pound was what... €1.80 a few years back? And now it's €1.10. Cars SHOULD have gone up in price by 75% in the last 5 years, yet prices are actually only marginally higher. Even UK built cars are made mostly from imported parts.

Combine this with contantly increasing safety standards cars must meet pushing up prices... all those airbags and squishy bumpers cost money, not to mention the roughly £500m cost of bring a completely new model to market. (Dev, testing Tooling etc)

Nothing comes for free. Slagging off car companies for overcharging when you know they lose money on every car is really STUPID.

Edited by RufflesTheGuineaPig

What's the one giving a free lifetime warranty (owner from new only and 100,000 miles limit)

Vauxhall!

Kia do 7 years/100k which amounts to the same thing. But then you have to drive a kia (The Ceed is quite interesting, it's like being in a driving simulator. Great car if you hate driving)

I'm looking at second hand Vectras at the moment, they do seem to be very, very cheap.