House Price Crash Forum
Realistbear

U K Foreign Aid Giveway Biggest In The World

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2002898/David-Cameron-pledges-814m-vaccinating-worlds-poorest-children.html

• Pneumonia and diarrhoea vaccines 'will save 1.4m lives over next five years'
  • Bad diets leading to exploding farts and ring damage in Southern Hemisphere
  • UK spending more on aid over next 30 years than any country including U.S.
  • Cameron defends 'strong moral cause' in light of spending cuts
  • Bill Gates to make donation of $1billion over five years

Given the deprivation that has been caused by fiscal negligence in this country for the past 20 years or so I would have thought the first obligation was to deal with the poverty issues here.

Edited by Realistbear

We need to give the vaccines, to save lives, causing food shortages and widespread famine, so we can give them more aid for food, so they breed more, so they need more medicine, so they live longer etc etc ad nauseum...

This is driving me nuts. YOU CAN'T BE GENEROUS WITH OTHER PEOPLE's money.

It's not giving aid, donating, or any other such ********. It's theft from the tax payers pocket to satisfy our complete wuckfit politician's moral compass.

Compared with the 2.7% of GDP spent on military sticks, the 0.7% to be spent on economic carrots is probably relatively good value for money.

Free money for the drug companies!

Its got to be worth a few directorships when theyre out of govt!

+1.75*

Saw this sort of thing going on in the US where the drug companies pay politicians handsomly for keeping drug company profits high. The Mafia own the sugar in the pink pouch and while it is a known carcinogenic the drug was given protection by Senetor DiMato who just happened to be filmed on a private yacht in a NY harbour owned by one of the 5 families. Drugs are a dirty business and should not be given political protection--keep it to the chavaliers and undermenschen because they are animals anyway. :D

* Due to inflation we regret that we can no longer use the customary +1 when in more than full agreement with a post. However, we hope to maintain a level below 2.00 for the foreseeable future with vigilance and self-restraint.

Edited by Realistbear

(...)

Given the deprivation that has been caused by fiscal negligence in this country for the past 20 years or so I would have thought the first obligation was to deal with the poverty issues here.

We will give less than 1% of our GDP. As per an UN international agreement.

And RB, I think you have no idea what real poverty is. You can deduce it from this data, below.

USA - CIA

Country Comparison :: GDP - per capita (PPP)

(GDP on a purchasing power parity basis divided by population)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html?countryCode=uk&rankAnchorRow=#uk

Free money for the drug companies!

Its got to be worth a few directorships when theyre out of govt!

Spot on!

The guy from Medecines sans Frontieres said as much - GAVI, the body responsible for buying the vaccines has drug company directors on its board. He went on to express unease at Cameron's assertion that the enterprise requires 'the DNA' (no irony) of private business.

More bunce from public pockets into private pockets. A model for the brave new NHS plc

We will give less than 1% of our GDP. As per an UN international agreement.

And RB, I think you have no idea what real poverty is. You can deduce it from this data, below.

USA - CIA

Country Comparison :: GDP - per capita (PPP)

(GDP on a purchasing power parity basis divided by population)

https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2004rank.html?countryCode=uk&rankAnchorRow=#uk

I wouldn't mind if this money actually got to helping people but most of it will be hived off for the benefit of the unneedy (and Im not talking lowly paid charity staff either home or abroad).

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2002898/David-Cameron-pledges-814m-vaccinating-worlds-poorest-children.html

• Pneumonia and diarrhoea vaccines 'will save 1.4m lives over next five years'

• Bad diets leading to exploding farts and ring damage in Southern Hemisphere

• UK spending more on aid over next 30 years than any country including U.S.

• Cameron defends 'strong moral cause' in light of spending cuts

This has nothing to do with charity, it's a hidden subsidy to the pharma industry.

Like all government aid, the charitable cause is just an excuse to channel loads of tax payer money to some big corporation that then pays kickbacks to our politicians who are behind the aid initiative.

This has nothing to do with charity, it's a hidden subsidy to the pharma industry.

Like all government aid, the charitable cause is just an excuse to channel loads of tax payer money to some big corporation that then pays kickbacks to our politicians who are behind the aid initiative.

+1

There's always some quality xenophobia on display when these kind of topics are posted on this forum. What seems to pass some commentators by is that the Powers That Be don't like foreigners any more than they do. The aid in question goes to pharma, the arms industry, sterilisation programmes, as a carrot to lure developing nations into taking on huge development loans which invariably lead to default and foreign takeover of their natural assets etc etc

Laughable the way Cameron looks so pleased with himself making these announcements as if it's his very own money coming out of his own pocket.

Surprising he didn't come out with Brown's line, I'm saving the world I am. Oh yes oh yes.

Edited by billybong

+1

There's always some quality xenophobia on display when these kind of topics are posted on this forum. What seems to pass some commentators by is that the Powers That Be don't like foreigners any more than they do. The aid in question goes to pharma, the arms industry, sterilisation programmes, as a carrot to lure developing nations into taking on huge development loans which invariably lead to default and foreign takeover of their natural assets etc etc

It's not xenophobia. Britain is completely broke. That's the problem. Please show me the proof that Britain will benefit the most by giving the most. The British government doesn't give a referendum vote because it would be a decisive NO. The Indian government don't need British aid when they have a space programme. The Indian government do nothing for their own people, so why should Britons care? At the same time as they poach all our back-office jobs they maintain a most abhorant caste system. The British are mugs. Carbon taxes, human rights, unfettered immigratiom, outsourcing and foreign aid are killing the country off. You call it xenophobia; the truth is its self-preservation.

Laughable the way Cameron looks so pleased with himself making these announcements as if it's his very own money coming out of his own pocket.

Surprising he didn't come out with Brown's line, I'm saving the world I am. Oh yes oh yes.

PMs all go in with good intentions and get elected promising stuff as leader of the opposition and maybe they even believe what they say, but then they get drawn in by "the international stage" and turn megalomaniacal.

Edited by Britney's Piers

What's really needed is a vaccination to prevent cynicism, judging by most of the replies.

Mind you, it would be no good for me, I was infected years ago.

Big Pharma <== taxpayers money, is all that needs to be said here.

<br /><a href='http://www.dailymail...t-children.html</a><br /><br /><ul class='bbc'><li>Pneumonia and diarrhoea vaccines 'will save 1.4m lives over next five years'</li></ul><ul class='bbc'><li>Bad diets leading to exploding farts and ring damage in Southern Hemisphere</li></ul><br /><ul class='bbc'><li><b>UK spending more on aid over next 30 years than any country including U.S.</b></li></ul> <br /><ul class='bbc'><li>Cameron defends 'strong moral cause' in light of spending cuts</li></ul><br /><br /><ul class='bbc'><li>Bill Gates to make donation of $1billion over five years</li></ul><br /><br />Given the deprivation that has been caused by fiscal negligence in this country for the past 20 years or so I would have thought the first obligation was to deal with the poverty issues here.<br />

Gulf War Syndrome after the army grunts enforced 'vaCCinations' - is another 'G'ame beginning with 'G' & ending with 'CC' (33)

Probably quite a lot of the aid money will come back to the UK to help support the London housing market.

Apparently the slogan is Can Philanthropy Save The World - on Newsnight - some hope if all the £trillions of debt based trade can't.

Edited by billybong

PMs all go in with good intentions and get elected promising stuff as leader of the opposition and maybe they even believe what they say, but then they get drawn in by "the international stage" and turn megalomaniacal.

Add in a few party's at No.10 with Bob Geldof, Midge Ure, phil Collins and other proponents of ' hand over more tax for 3rd World causes' whilst living themselves in tax exile. :angry:

*****s

Edited by Kurt Barlow