House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DrMartinSanchez

Job Advert Of The Week

http://jobseekers.direct.gov.uk/detailjob.aspx?sessionid=49b282b5-47b7-4769-8d64-5c01d903f01c&pid=1&j=ASO/14059

PART TIME PHP DEVELOPER

We're a T-shirt website based in Ashford looking for a part timer to join our small team for 2 mornings a week to help with a variety of roles however the core element will be website maintenance. Verifiable PHP experience is ESSENTIAL and ZenCart experience would be a significant advantage, as would knowledge of Adobe CS.W hen not working on the website, tasks will include: T-shirt printing, stock checking, basic admin making sure the workshop is tidy. As a small company, we all need to do what needs doing, so that's not my job is not an attitude we can work with. A standard week would be approx 8 hours split over 2 days however at peak times of the year such as Christmas you will be needed for significantly more. We are able to offer flexible working conditions hours such as being able to work around school times holidays.

This is National Minimum Wage + 25p

I thought they'd expect you to have a "that's not my job" attitude.

This is National Minimum Wage + 25p

I thought they'd expect you to have a "that's not my job" attitude.

Companies are taking the pish.....

However on the flip side four of my acquaitances are taking their ex bosses to tribunerals for constructive dismissal. (After they got jobs elsewhere). Simply they were asked to do overtime unpaid and ended up doing over 100 hours a week for over 6 months. While being paid only for 34 hours.

When the bosses were challenged they were told you know where the job centre is.

On top of this they're also reporting for breaking min wage law as their hourly rate of pay divided by the number of hours ended up wayy lower than min wage.

To add even more insult to injury when two of them left they stole a lot of the clients as well.

:)

8 hours spread over two days!!!!!!!!!!

Yup seen lots of that where there are 13 or so hours spread over the week. In reality it turns out to be 2.5ish hours 5 days a week where you are expected to pitch in an hour free every day.

Companies are taking the pish.....

However on the flip side four of my acquaitances are taking their ex bosses to tribunerals for constructive dismissal. (After they got jobs elsewhere). Simply they were asked to do overtime unpaid and ended up doing over 100 hours a week for over 6 months. While being paid only for 34 hours.

When the bosses were challenged they were told you know where the job centre is.

On top of this they're also reporting for breaking min wage law as their hourly rate of pay divided by the number of hours ended up wayy lower than min wage.

To add even more insult to injury when two of them left they stole a lot of the clients as well.

:)

CD is notoriously difficulty to prove. I wish your acquaintances luck in their tribunal. It's iniquitous what employers get away with in times like these. My son's employer, a small security firm, often takes his days off away, meaning he has to work around 10 hours a day for up to 14 days. Because of where we live, jobs are in extremely short supply, so they have him by the S & C's.:angry:

With my HR background, I'm just waiting to pounce on a CD case for him.:ph34r:

As a small company, we all need to do what needs doing, so that's not my job is not an attitude we can work with.

That is the kind of comment that is best employers left until the interview stage. Whoever placed the ad comes across as a grumpy git & would put me off straight away.

"The successful candidate will have their own personal broom strapped to his/her buttocks to sweep up while moving around the office" :lol:

Yup seen lots of that where there are 13 or so hours spread over the week. In reality it turns out to be 2.5ish hours 5 days a week where you are expected to pitch in an hour free every day.

That ol' chestnut. And when you do leave on time you can feel everyones eyes on your back?

This job sounds like the biggest p*sstake going.