House Price Crash Forum
InlikeFlynn

Cpi & Rpi Figures Due Tomorrow - Any Predictions?

My prediction, CPI 4.4% (-0.1%) and RPI down to 5.0% (-0.2%). I'm always wrong, perhaps because I don't use any scientific method here, just a ready reckoning based on fuel and butter prices!

My prediction, CPI 4.4% (-0.1%) and RPI down to 5.0% (-0.2%). I'm always wrong, perhaps because I don't use any scientific method here, just a ready reckoning based on fuel and butter prices!

Forex factory prediction appears to be based on last years MoM rise. If this is too low (which I suspect it will be), then RPI could go up to near 6%. I'm going for 5.5%.

With food, fuel and energy costs spiralling, I can't see inflation being any lower.

CPI 4.6%

RPI 5.5%

All unexpected and temporary, of course.

With food, fuel and energy costs spiralling, I can't see inflation being any lower.

CPI 4.6%

RPI 5.5%

All unexpected and temporary, of course.

Unfortunately, food & fuel only make up about 0.4% of the total basket.

Do you have a link to the definition of the basket? Thanks

Not a link, but I can give you the BoE legal definition:

"Things that aren't increasing in cost"

Do you have a link to the definition of the basket? Thanks

FreeTrader posted an excellent summary a few months ago. Unfortunately I've lost the bookmark to a dead laptop. Worth digging up.

Management of perception economics would suggest TPTB will continue with the 'modest attenuation of an uncomfortably high rate' narrative. My guess is that both headline rates will come off by 0.1% or so.

Seeing as now everyone is loaded up on ns&i certificates I'll go for CPI 4.5% RPI -9%

I've just stuck my £15k in so ^^^ is 100% set in stone :blink::blink:

Chep have just announced that they are increasing the cost of their pallets by 5% (them's the blue ones that everyone including the retailers use). Everyone's distribution costs have just gone up, so nothing is getting cheaper.

RPI 5.2%

CPI 4.4%

Chep have just announced that they are increasing the cost of their pallets by 5% (them's the blue ones that everyone including the retailers use). Everyone's distribution costs have just gone up, so nothing is getting cheaper.

RPI 5.2%

CPI 4.4%

Really? I'll have to have a chat with our distribution guys. Did the info come from Chep?

And it's hard to save money cutting pack sizes when the 'pack' contains, say, one vacuum cleaner.

I dont suppose Electrolux (or some otehr bright spark) have considered shipping 5-7% of their boxes empty instead? That could work?