House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ologhai Jones

Kate Middleton Wears Stuff More Than Once

In the last couple of minutes of today's Today programme on Radio 4, they were chatting about Kate Middleton being kind of down to earth and thrifty etc. due to her wearing outfits that she's worn before.

I'm somewhat aghast because Today (and other media, e.g. here's the Daily Mail on the subject) are describing this as 'recycling'... :huh:

In what way is wearing an item of clothing more than once... recycling?

In the last couple of minutes of today's Today programme on Radio 4, they were chatting about Kate Middleton being kind of down to earth and thrifty etc. due to her wearing outfits that she's worn before.

I'm somewhat aghast because Today (and other media, e.g. here's the Daily Mail on the subject) are describing this as 'recycling'... :huh:

In what way is wearing an item of clothing more than once... recycling?

I know! Insane.

Do we take this to mean that Princess Diana and the Queen, on the other hand, never wore anything more than once?

Maybe that seems terrifically frugal if you are a BBC presenter on a healthy 6 figure salary.

The media are still in love with Kate. They look for any excuse to put a positive spin on things.

A few years down the line, after the probable split, when Kate is looking a bit ragged, they will run the same story with a negative spin.

I know! Insane.

Do we take this to mean that Princess Diana and the Queen, on the other hand, never wore anything more than once?

The Queen probably wears a new pair of undies every day. Except when she forgets....

Di? Didn't she go out quite a few times wearing nothing but a fur coat. Nothing underneath ? Must have saved the taxpayer a fortune ... ;)

The media are still in love with Kate. They look for any excuse to put a positive spin on things.

A few years down the line, after the probable split, when Kate is looking a bit ragged, they will run the same story with a negative spin.

exactly. And they can do it either way:

'Kate snubs people by wearing old coat to meet them'

'Extravagant Kate buys expensive coat and only wears it twice'

The Queen probably wears a new pair of undies every day. Except when she forgets....

Di? Didn't she go out quite a few times wearing nothing but a fur coat. Nothing underneath ? Must have saved the taxpayer a fortune ... ;)

I think you are confusing Her Maj with her mum.Swigging from a Gordon's bottle too by all accounts.

I think you are confusing Her Maj with her mum.Swigging from a Gordon's bottle too by all accounts.

It's in the genes. Or in the Royals case . .the "gins" :D

Harriet Harman regularly wears a giraffe costume.

article-0-05F02473000005DC-943_233x437.jpgarticle-1054469-029B6AA900000578-170_233x423.jpg180705_1.jpg_53250223_harman.jpg_47819888_jex_688909_de26-1.jpg

They say a leopard never changes it's spots.

Nu Nu Labour = Nu Labour

I saw her open parliament a few times and she definitely had the same hat on. Was all sparkly and stuff.