• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

if it was eloquent it wouldn't be about 10 pages long

it's awful

(I like the wikipedia bit about DG attending debauched parties at university - debauched parties at university, well I never, hang on, it was as part of an exclusivge rich-kids debauched party dinner club, err that's really wild then)

You don't care much for Guppy, fair enough.

But what's awful about the article (content, not length)?

I quite like him - society needs its rebels, wherever they come from.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

Try again, this time being relevent.

All you've done so far is play the man and not the ball and be very vague.

To me it looks like grousing dipshittery due to a VI on your part, or bluster now you've been called on a knee jerk position. I am sure readers of the thread cna make up their own minds.

HOLA446

Perhaps using a 'dodgy' mouthpiece is a way of getting these ideas out into the field without startling the herd too much.

Can't understand why, if he 'gets it', he still lives in Cape Town. Not a place to be when TSHTF. That's why I moved away.

HOLA447

You don't care much for Guppy, fair enough.

But what's awful about the article (content, not length)?

very flowery writing, suggests he hasn't written anything serious in a very long time

about third para:

In an article that was published some months ago (see: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/7273332/Darius-Guppy-our-world-balances-on-a-sea-of-debt.html). I described how the activities of a former fellow-inmate, a master counterfeiter known as ‘Tommy’, and the banks are in essence the same – the manufacturing of money out of nothing.

this paragraph is unfounded, because democratically elected governments and their appointed central banks/regulators have power to limit capital flows - he is making the common error of assuming there is some sort of demonic banking cartel, there isn't, they aren't that smart, the fact that GB (USA) and GB (UK) were even less smart was just a sign of the times

and after that, the rest of his argument does not logically follow

this is tangential - but if his argument was any good he would have worked at clarfying it rather than the clear obfuscation he has gone for, worthy of any amoral banker, granted, but a b*llocks approach nonetheless

I quite like him - society needs its rebels, wherever they come from.

I suppose so, he IS sort of entertaining, but largely just a medicocre crook who fantasises that there is some higher-level of crookdom that he has been left out of, there maybe, but there is far less of it about than he hopes for

HOLA448

Try again, this time being relevent.

All you've done so far is play the man and not the ball and be very vague.

To me it looks like grousing dipshittery due to a VI on your part, or bluster now you've been called on a knee jerk position. I am sure readers of the thread cna make up their own minds.

it was bl**dy relevant

HOLA449

it was bl**dy relevant

Ok, we've had

1) An appeal to lack of authority of the author

2) irrelevencies as defense

and now

3) assertions of previous nonsense with swearing.

Do you have anything to add that is actually relevent and not ad hominem, or are you going to carry on coming out with crap?

HOLA4410

Ok, we've had

and now

Do you have anything to add that is actually relevent and not ad hominem, or are you going to carry on coming out with crap?

I seem to recall you implying I'm a a dipsh*t

the only irrelevancy is your own utter miscomprehension of the basics, in this case

HOLA4411

Ok, we've had

and now

:D you have a way with words.

HOLA4412

It's a several hundred word indictment of the banking system as a whole, specifically mentions the fact that it's an international debt based system that is failing and your response is this guff about tories?

ww-bitch-please.gif

For the OP - the guy pretty much nailed it. The fact that such a thing is in a MSM publiction is fairly astounding.

All i'm saying is he clearly has a partisan motive. Damages his credibility when you realise he wants Brown back.

HOLA4413

self indulgent verbose guff written by a dodgy attention seeker, printed in a newspaper that no-one reads

+2

It's all a load of pub economics, written by someone with a massive chip of their shoulder that society have not recognised them i.e. paid them, for being the genius.

As you get older and move around you constantly bump into these sorts of people - sent to a private school by their parents then go a do whatever low effort/high reward job that inevitably crashes down round their ears - Lloyds name in the mid to late 80s, hedge fund in the 00s.

Anyone remember that Channel 4 play from years ago - Good At Games (or something similar).

Besides if my ancestors where going to name a fish afterh them I would have insisted on somehting more manyly like a conger eel or a sahrk. Guppies are gay.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

All i'm saying is he clearly has a partisan motive. Damages his credibility when you realise he wants Brown back.

The labour and tory stuff is what? A paragraph on the back of some very astute analysis of international debt based money, FRB and compound interest in a finite world.

It also doesn't matter how partisan he is, what he says is either right or wrong. Most of it is right.

No one who has wanted to diagree with him has answered any of his points, everyone (so far) has attacked the man himself or gone after some minro quibble.

You might as dismiss it for having bad grammar or being written in something other than helvetica for all the relevence such things have.

HOLA4416

couldnt get past the first paragraph - could someone with more ability not to fall asleep at their PC give me a summary of what this story was about

Sure.

Debt based capitalism is why the economy is so ******ed, the neo liberal consensus is damaging cobblers, banking is a pathetic fraud and bankers are all fraudsters to a man, politicians of all stripes are their bitches and the system of exponential growth must fail due to the physical constraints of a finite world and it's just a matter of when the system ends in a catastrophy, not if.

i.e. It's a very long "what is money, anyway?" thread on HPC, but in the MSM.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

like the first few paragraphs and then, following on from that, the entire logical basis of the article

Look, do your cause a favour - take some paragrpahs put of the article and specifically go through them showing how they are illogical or counter factual.

Just stting there going "it isn't so" over and over makes you look like a crazy cat lady or something. Especially when I keep kicking your **** over it.

HOLA4419

Look, do your cause a favour - take some paragrpahs put of the article and specifically go through them showing how they are illogical or counter factual.

Just stting there going "it isn't so" over and over makes you look like a crazy cat lady or something. Especially when I keep kicking your **** over it.

Martial%20Arts%20-%20Bad%20Form-thumb-200x228-39.jpg

HOLA4420

Sure.

Debt based capitalism is why the economy is so ******ed, the neo liberal consensus is damaging cobblers, banking is a pathetic fraud and bankers are all fraudsters to a man, politicians of all stripes are their bitches and the system of exponential growth must fail due to the physical constraints of a finite world and it's just a matter of when the system ends in a catastrophy, not if.

i.e. It's a very long "what is money, anyway?" thread on HPC, but in the MSM.

that's a good precis, shame the original article was so waffly

world isn't finite, there's a start, as economic growth isn't predicated on resource growth; and whilst fractional reserve banking holds risks, this is an argument FOR regulation not against - currency is indisputably needed, ergo central banks are too, and yup they get things wrong, but doesn't mean they aren't needed; to argue against central banks is a bit like arguing against traffic signals, and multifaceted to boot (you get accidents either way and sometimes you get less when there aren't any, but largely you need them)

HOLA4421

that's a good precis, shame the original article was so waffly

world isn't finite, there's a start, as economic growth isn't predicated on resource growth; and whilst fractional reserve banking holds risks, this is an argument FOR regulation not against - currency is indisputably needed, ergo central banks are too, and yup they get things wrong, but doesn't mean they aren't needed; to argue against central banks is a bit like arguing against traffic signals, and multifaceted to boot (you get accidents either way and sometimes you get less when there aren't any, but largely you need them)

Well, economci growth isn't based on resource growth, but GDP growth is, FRB banking is a fraud, it doesn't "old risks" it's a complete predation, regulation ha snever worked, ever, currency no one wants (we know this because there are laws making us use it), central banks are useless engines of theft no one wants or needs bar the clique that runs them and roads with no traffic signalling are much safer than ones with them.

Apart from being completely wrong about everything, not bad. You actually managed a proper response.

HOLA4422

...and roads with no traffic signalling are much safer than ones with them....

Apart from being completely wrong about everything, not bad. You actually managed a proper response.

if you say so

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425