• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Dont see why he's got it in for the tories

Forget liebour mismanagement of the public debt situation, private household debt too started going bad on Browns watch

fathomchart.jpg

It's a several hundred word indictment of the banking system as a whole, specifically mentions the fact that it's an international debt based system that is failing and your response is this guff about tories?

ww-bitch-please.gif

For the OP - the guy pretty much nailed it. The fact that such a thing is in a MSM publiction is fairly astounding.

HOLA444

You know what's odd about this. His argument is basically that there can't be a constant expansion of people doing productive things and for debt to be met on the back of it; the planet is a physical object with physical restraints. The developed world is actually naturally trying to do this, birth rates are lower than required to maintain population levels and debt is being defaulted on (outright default or through inflationary default).

HOLA445

.... well worth a read.

I suspect he may have been a visitor to this forum over the years.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/comment/darius-guppy-growth--it-aint-happening-2295967.html

Yep. He rambles a bit, but basically hits the nail on the head.

Unfortunately, as one of the comments more or less suggests, as he uses more than 12-15 words he is preaching to the converted.

HOLA446

Frankly astonishing to see this in the main stream media.

I've always maintained that growth does not equal prosperity, I think this guy gets it.

After finishing reading the article I'm disappointed that he dropped down into party politics. He was winning the big debate, but has now got the message muddled with Tory policy. The state is the state, forget the beauty parades every 4 years.

Edited by JimDiGritz

HOLA447
I demonstrated how the banks have usurped the state as the principal creators of money, despite this fact being either unknown to or deliberately obscured by the financial and political communities and I argued that the banks’ money-creation process constituted in effect a hidden fraud upon the general population – a worldwide swindle that leads to a de-coupling of money and reality and the emergence of a parallel, virtual economy based on debt which, as it mushrooms exponentially, is bound eventually to implode.

A good article.

HOLA448

Dont see why he's got it in for the tories

Forget liebour mismanagement of the public debt situation, private household debt too started going bad on Browns watch

You are so for down the rabbit hole I feel sorry for you. A cast iron clad argument implicates your heroes and your brain is struggling to rationalize what you have just read with everything else you have believed to be true so far.

As I have said so many times, the majority on here are part of the problem not the solution, and now I know exactly why. It is because you have almost all subscribed in one way or another to the status quo and especially to the Neo-liberal (tory) rhetoric on capitalism.

An absolutely stunning essay and indictment of the present system.

Edited by Sourman

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

As I have said so many times, the majority on here are part of the problem not the solution, and now I know exactly why. It is because you have almost all subscribed in one way or another to the status quo and especially to the Neo-liberal (tory) rhetoric on capitalism.

The majority do not seek to change the system, rather they seek to win within it. Winning is defined by changing positions with the current masters. Once there they will seek to pull up the ladder behind them to secure their own position on top, which is exactly what the current masters have done. The illusion that they will succeed is what keeps them working. After a lifetime of working for others and no advancement, they will see how they have been mislead. Every young person truly believes that one day, even if not sure how, they will a big success.

HOLA4413
And in exactly the same way, insurance companies, pension funds, publicly quoted and private corporations nearly all of which are indebted to the banks, the banks themselves – indeed the entire financial sector, not to mention our national economies - are all bound to one central premise: continuous growth – required to pay down runaway debt.

Good stuff. Worth a read. As for him being a crook, he's a colourful one and it takes one to know one (by that I collectively mean the current system).

HOLA4414

Good stuff. Worth a read. As for him being a crook, he's a colourful one and it takes one to know one (by that I collectively mean the current system).

Darius used to drive round Oxford listening to a cassette of James Bond Theme tunes at full volume, whilst on his way to his 48 year old girlfriends house.

Really bright, but flawed.

HOLA4415

The majority do not seek to change the system, rather they seek to win within it. Winning is defined by changing positions with the current masters. Once there they will seek to pull up the ladder behind them to secure their own position on top, which is exactly what the current masters have done. The illusion that they will succeed is what keeps them working. After a lifetime of working for others and no advancement, they will see how they have been mislead. Every young person truly believes that one day, even if not sure how, they will a big success.

On the contrary, I've wanted a big success, but was never sure how I would achieve it. Until this whole crisis kicked off I was growing to steadily accept a future of financial mediocrity. However, thanks to the idiocy of the Kleptocracy/Oligarchy, that has all changed.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

Darius used to drive round Oxford listening to a cassette of James Bond Theme tunes at full volume, whilst on his way to his 48 year old girlfriends house.

Really bright, but flawed.

Oh yes, certainly a strange and flawed character in many respects (TIP: don't go hawking stolen gems straight after winning a huge insurance payout for their theft!) , but quite an enjoyable one to watch from afar from what I have read about him.

Edited by General Congreve

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Fabulous read.

Don't be put off by some of the comments here.

It eloquently describes what many of us here believe (and makes me want to buy more precious metals because you just know that the present system will continue to its conclusion of hyperinflation and war).

HOLA4421

Fabulous read.

Don't be put off by some of the comments here.

It eloquently describes what many of us here believe (and makes me want to buy more precious metals because you just know that the present system will continue to its conclusion of hyperinflation and war).

if it was eloquent it wouldn't be about 10 pages long

it's awful

(I like the wikipedia bit about DG attending debauched parties at university - debauched parties at university, well I never, hang on, it was as part of an exclusivge rich-kids debauched party dinner club, err that's really wild then)

HOLA4422

if it was eloquent it wouldn't be about 10 pages long

it's awful

(I like the wikipedia bit about DG attending debauched parties at university - debauched parties at university, well I never, hang on, it was as part of an exclusivge rich-kids debauched party dinner club, err that's really wild then)

Is a tad verbose but is spot on the mark.

Ofc, if I was cynical i'd say they let someone easily discredited write about this stuff. Saves dipshits from having to respond to the points raised properly.

HOLA4423

Is a tad verbose but is spot on the mark.

Ofc, if I was cynical i'd say they let someone easily discredited write about this stuff. Saves dipshits from having to respond to the points raised properly.

the points are already universally discredited, dipsh*ts don't need to bother.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425