House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

stormymonday_2011

Major Volcanic Erution In Eritrea ?

Another 6.0 earthquake in Christchurch too:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-pacific-13745359

There's a known correlation with low solar activity, but no-one has any idea of how the sun could cause earthquakes and volcanic eruptions; perhaps it's a pure fluke, but it does seem to be proving correct right now.

There's a mag 6 earthquake somewhere roughly once every 3 days.

There's a volcano erupting somewhere every day.

There is F-all correlation with solar activity.

There's a mag 6 earthquake somewhere roughly once every 3 days.

There's a volcano erupting somewhere every day.

Yep.

As humans multiply and inhabit more and more areas that were once human-free, then we'll notice these phenomena more often. Add in modern communications and the ability to report them, then there may be no increase in these events, just more humans affected by them and detecting them.

Re. Solar activity. I got sunburnt yesterday.....

Yep.

As humans multiply and inhabit more and more areas that were once human-free, then we'll notice these phenomena more often.

You mean like Beckton?

Yep.

As humans multiply and inhabit more and more areas that were once human-free, then we'll notice these phenomena more often. Add in modern communications and the ability to report them, then there may be no increase in these events, just more humans affected by them and detecting them.

Re. Solar activity. I got sunburnt yesterday.....

In April, I managed to get sunburnt in Stoke on trent, and then separately in Swansea. If that's not a sign of the End Times, I don't know what is..

Nope. Low solar activity is historically correlated with high seismic activity; as I said, no-one seems to have a mechanism to explain it so it's likely to be a fluke from limited historical data, but that doesn't change the correlation.

First result from ten seconds searching on Google, for example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulhudson/2011/03/is-solar-activity-to-blame-for.shtml

Nope. Low solar activity is historically correlated with high seismic activity; as I said, no-one seems to have a mechanism to explain it so it's likely to be a fluke from limited historical data, but that doesn't change the correlation.

First result from ten seconds searching on Google, for example:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/paulhudson/2011/03/is-solar-activity-to-blame-for.shtml

Ouch. That's so bad it's painful.