House Price Crash Forum

Nowhere To Rent!

Annest

HOLA441

Good analogy. :)

Annest, I'm sorry to hear about the problems you have experienced. The new landlord seems like a right self-righteous sod. :angry:

There are decent landlords out there. I'm now in my 2nd ever rental and both were in a good state of repair...although admittedly both were newly refurbished before I moved in.

Thank you for your kind words of encouragement. I was given the name of a good landlord today and so, next time, I'm going to go straight to him and beg. On my knees. Like a good 18th century peasant.

'Newly refurbished' has just become my idea of heaven! :)

HOLA442

I correct myself. I went to the doctor and it seems that what I had was an allergic reaction i.e. hives and it seems that that's what I had years ago as well.

A very nice man from a cleaning company came over to give me a quote to do the whole house. He was disgusted. He found an enormous ancient battery (about a foot square) in a cupboard and explained that it was dangerous and that that's probably why I had had an allergic reaction. Any advice other than 'get rid'????

Thanks!

if you are allergic to electricity, how about pitching a tent on a hill? Might be cheaper too. You can get a big one at Halfords for £199