House Price Crash Forum
Caius

Special Relationship.......not

What do you make of this?

In a move one British conservative analyst called "hugely insulting to Britain," the Organization of American States earlier this week adopted a declaration calling for negotiations between the United Kingdom and Argentina over the "sovereignty" of the Falkland Islands. While the U.S. delegation did not speak in support of the measure, it ultimately joined a consensus adopting it.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/06/10/obama-administration-backs-argentina-over-uk-on-falkland-dispute/

http://www.presstv.com/detail/184188.html

Edited by Caius

The US won't have an easy time annexing the Falkland islands while it still 'belongs' to the UK/

However, taking it away from the Argies is easy.

How is this a surprise to anybody?

After all, there might be some oil in the vicinity.

Anyway, the US was hardly enthusiastic in its support in 1982, now was it?

After all, there might be some oil in the vicinity.

Anyway, the US was hardly enthusiastic in its support in 1982, now was it?

Openly no, although intelligence was given, the task force was re-supplied by the US navy and it was discussed and decided to loan the UK a full size carrier if a requested had come from the UK.

Pretty sickening this after backing the septics in 2 wars. But you got the signals from Clintons comments last year, i expect the heat to be turned up on the UK now.

Same as i think about scotland or wherever else.

Let the people that live there decide what they want to do.

Of course, but the Falkland islanders have already expressed their opinion, same as Gibraltar.

No worries the French and Germans will back us up if it goes off over there :lol::lol::lol:

They did let their people sponsor the IRA's murder of innocent Brits for years ... some would say 9/11 was Karma!

Obviously house prices will drop now :blink:

Obviously house prices will drop now :blink:

It's going to add to the negative feelings of isolation, indignation, and gloom. Not good for house prices.

Edited by Caius

in 1982 Argentina was a despot-ruled non-democratic militrary junta

now it is a young liberal democracy, it is easy to see, again, how USA can be more kind to it in its present guise

Of course, but the Falkland islanders have already expressed their opinion, same as Gibraltar.

That's not going to help them very much when the Belgrano II turns up and the French won't lend us their aircraft carrier because they're all on lunch.

It's going to add to the negative feelings of isolation, indignation, and gloom. Not good for house prices.

I had a puncture on Thurs, will that help too, i felt isolated, gloomy and depressed, the house that i've been tracking didn't drop a penny though, the words straws and clutching spring to mind :rolleyes:

I always say we'll give the Falklands back to the penguins when the european settlers that make up 95+% of the population there give what they call argentina back to the natives.

Except the argies killed most of the indigenous people.

Hypocritical banana republic morons.

And the yanks. Never cared much over who lived in Diego Garcia. Or Grenadas right to self determination, so i guess we should expect the usual duplicitous standards from them.

No worries the French and Germans will back us up if it goes off over there :lol::lol::lol:

They did let their people sponsor the IRA's murder of innocent Brits for years ... some would say 9/11 was Karma!

C'mon, there was support for the IRA from all over the place - some British people who played very significant roles in the IRA. Was reading recently about IRA leader Sean MacStiofan, who happened to originally be John Stephenson from Leytonstone. English Debutante, Rose Dugdale, ended up bombing RUC bases from the air.

An IRA man recently wrote about fundraising excursions across to Wales - he got the wrong end of the stick when a local publican, where he was holding a fundraiser, said he was worried about it getting out of control. The IRA man thought he was worried about some of the local getting upset when in fact the publican was worried about an over enthusiastic welcome, which is exactly what he got. He even recalls doddery old farmers ending up the night cheering atop pub tables.

Quite a few Republicans sheltered over here in Wales too, like Ronnie Bunting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronnie_Bunting (the son of one of Paisley's right hand men, who became an Irish Republican).

Edited by gruffydd

It will never happen. The septic tanks can lead be example and get out of Cuba.

Hint of Oil and the Americans start positioning themselves for the best deal.

I would love this government to stand up to the Americans. Since Blair/Bush we have been seen as weak and obedient.

The British could put an end to all the squabbling in one fell swoop by declaring the Falklands an independent state.

It wouldn't need to be the end of our relationship, but it would be hard to anyone to claim that the Falklanders don't have a right to their own island.

in 1982 Argentina was a despot-ruled non-democratic militrary junta

now it is a young liberal democracy, it is easy to see, again, how USA can be more kind to it in its present guise

Same as Saudi Arabia? :lol:

<br />I always say we'll give the Falklands back to the penguins when the european settlers that make up 95+% of the population there give what they call argentina back to the natives.<br /><br />Except the argies killed most of the indigenous people.<br /><br />Hypocritical banana republic morons. <br /><br />And the yanks. Never cared much over who lived in Diego Garcia. Or Grenadas right to self determination, so i guess we should expect the usual duplicitous standards from them.<br />

Guess the area of the World where the off-spring live (of all those escaped Nazis the Vatican & others helped escape)

I had a puncture on Thurs, will that help too, i felt isolated, gloomy and depressed, the house that i've been tracking didn't drop a penny though, the words straws and clutching spring to mind :rolleyes:

Do you single-handedly constitute the housing market? :rolleyes:

Its the Organization of American States, not the United States of America. I guess Argentina has some clout with this organisation?