House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
DonnieDarker

Web-master Please...some Balance...

I agree!!

I for one am hoping for a fall in House Prices, but in order to make reasonable decisions we need to see a range of opinions.

Consa's graph for example this morning was brilliant but I don't see anyone posting bullish graphs eg mortgage approvals. Someone must have some contrary opinions. Whilst I dont agree with apollo I think all views should be looked at serioulsy and not flamed as some people are prone to.

I hope the crash is coming, but if it isn'y I want to know .......... after all prices really haven't gone down (apart from in London) they have only really stopped going up!!

Im not to sure exactly how articles end up in the blog, not sure if its WM's _fault_, i think we are supposed to email link we want to see in the blog though i could be wrong.

WM or anyone that knows, how does stuff end up in the blog.

its just so hard to find anyone willing to be a bull now.

couldnt we all chip in to pay someone to talk up the market?, seeing as we cant find anyone that will do it for free.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
moderators have VI (VI in HPC)

Well a 30% drop in house values would cost me 70k.

Mind you, I am lost in financial matters, the reason I come to this site for my adult education.

:unsure:

Much though I like bearish news the front-page of the Times at least deserves to be listed in the news blog.

It is the headline and it is talking up Sipps for those that don't know:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2-1804704,00.html

Donnie, as night follows day the Times will have a bearish story followed by a bullish, followed by a bearish....On the subject of Sipps have you actually looked in to the details? If you have a pot with a net worth of 100K you could buy a 150K property through your pension borrowing an allowed 50%. Bear in mind this is not even the average price of a property at current values. To build up a "portfolio", jeez I hate that word, of 5 would require a pot of 500K. How many will have a pension worth that? Over the past twenty years and for the remaining ten you`d have been putting and continuing to put around £800 to a grand a month into a fund. It is complete and utter ******** for any media source to spin that sipps will resuce a falling property market.

Economic sensation is one bull who talks sense. Its great to hear someone countering peoples arguments with intelligent replies. I think we should encourage as much intelligent discussion as possible on this forum(as oppose to ranting). For one thing, it allows people new to the area (such as myself) a glimpse of the bigger picture, and to form our own opinions.

Guest Charlie The Tramp
No actually it won't necessarily affect you directly

Thank gawd for that.

Just put you on my xmas card list. <_<

Economic sensation is one bull who talks sense. Its great to hear someone countering peoples arguments with intelligent replies. I think we should encourage as much intelligent discussion as possible on this forum(as oppose to ranting). For one thing, it allows people new to the area (such as myself) a glimpse of the bigger picture, and to form our own opinions.

Aw shucks bob, you have made me blush. Thanks for the compliment, its nice to know that my views are appreciated on a site named as it is.

I think this is a great site, i have learnt a lot from it and have hopefully imparted some of my own wisdom to counter some of the hysteria of some people hoping desperately for a crash.

I agree with Apollo1966, who incidentally has submitted a post that is one of the most sensible i have read yet, I think a crash is hard to quantify as it depends on where you live. I think in London the crash may already have happened in some areas which went up too far on the bull run. The bull run here finished years ago and its only happening in certain areas, with the rest of prices remaining stable. And now we have the olympics we are set for another one in a year or two.

I have 2 flats, one i rent out to mates, and agree you can't rely on the bull run for your house to go up in value, you have to do something to it nowadays as well. I expect rates to drop to 3.75% - 3.5% next year, when i am going to lock in a fixed rate for as long as i can and take it with me when i move.

And i agree, its great to bait some of the bears, especially the id:ots who are praying for a recession and a slump to make themselves look good despite the economic turmoil it would bring to the country. :)

ES